Sold my Supercharged 03 SRT10 and bought a 97 GTS...(pics)

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In March I bought a Supercharged SRT10 and although I really liked the car I never really fell in love with it so I decided to sell it. Well this weekend I picked up a 97 GTS with 25,500 miles (well now 27,000 after the drive home) and absolutely love this car! No it's not as fast as the Supercharged SRT10 as it's about 250rwhp down on power but I can actually enjoy getting on the car without having to be in 3rd gear or just burning through the tires. The car rides better, sounds better, looks better, has no interior rattles, even has a better stock stereo than the stock stereo in the SRT10. I absolutely love this car and want to drive it everywhere while I didn't have that same feeling about the SRT10. I am not even counting squeaks from the top in my srt10 but from the door panels etc, this GTS is solid as a rock and wow I knew I loved the look of the GTS over the SRT10. I am a very happy camper right now! I have attached some pictures that 98intrigue took on our drive from Austin, TX to Tampa, FL. I thought my SRT-10 got attention, this thing is on a whole new level!

The car has HRE wheels, VEC1 (unplugged), Bellanger headers and exhaust, possibly short throw shifter, maybe Koni shocks, need to confirm if they are just stock ones however the car rides great. Has the GT2 wing and canards on it, we will see if they stay, for now they are growing on me.

You must be registered for see images

The SRT-10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice GTS, but you are probably already bored with the power. Best to start looking to RSI for a TT upgrade............................:D

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great move...congrats! You're not the only one to have traded up to a Gen 2 like that! :2tu:

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
NICE GTS !!!!!!! Man that Gen 3 looks ugly when you put both pictures together. Do you live in Tampa, or Miami. I hope to have a GTS by the end of the year, if so we need to get all the Tampa Viper owners together for a cruise.

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very nice upgrade. Not that an SRT10 is not a great looking car, but when put side by side.........come on. Hands down.
And that looks like one clean GTS.
Congrats

OP
OP
K

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Miami but my dad lives in Tampa so I like to come visit at least once a month. Thanks everyone for the compliments!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best looking wheels ever, fantastic colour combo, that sure looks like one Very clean GTS, Love it :1up: Enjoy your new ride.

Not putting the later vipers down but I love the dash layout in the gen 2 cars over the Gen 3.

Go easy on the brakes, or has the car had the Gen 3 upgrade done to it? The front discs look bigger?

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No no no! You are not supposed to buy a junk Gen II if you listen to all the blowhards on here. Go back out and buy the absolutely most expensive Viper that you can find in order to preserve your manhood. After all, it is not about the actual car, it is about spending money, the appearance of spending money and everyone elses perception of you that is important.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Completely understand.. I've been full circle several times., between several Gen2 GTS's, to a 2006 VOI, back to (2) Gen 2's, and now have a Gen 4 Coupe.

If I could go back, I probably would have kept my Bumble Bee GTS, or my BW GTS. To me, those 2 cars are just the most **** car I've ever seen... I like my Gen4 Coupe, and it rides nice and, and tight, AC blows ice cold, Sat. Nav., etc,etc and all. But it just doesnt do, what the GTS did, for me.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No no no! You are not supposed to buy a junk Gen II if you listen to all the blowhards on here. Go back out and buy the absolutely most expensive Viper that you can find in order to preserve your manhood. After all, it is not about the actual car, it is about spending money, the appearance of spending money and everyone elses perception of you that is important.
I have NEVER Understood that theory about how alot of the guys always say buy the LATEST Model you can AFFORD! I guess like you're saying Law, it has to do to show everybody else that you've got the dough to buy the latest & the best (you are tha' Man)! Alot of the Porsche Guys say it, alot of the Viper Guys say it & I'm sure the Vette Guys say the same thing! To me, the newest is NOT always the best (I know the technology of the newer models is always improved, but very seldom does the newest model LOOK THE BEST)! But, I've got to admit I think the NEWEST model Viper is the BEST, not only because of all the upgrades but guess what (they went back to the OLD BODY STYLE)! jmo

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have NEVER Understood that theory about how alot of the guys always say buy the LATEST Model you can AFFORD! I guess like you're saying Law, it has to do to show everybody else that you've got the dough to buy the latest & the best (you are tha' Man)! Alot of the Porsche Guys say it, alot of the Viper Guys say it & I'm sure the Vette Guys say the same thing! To me, the newest is NOT always the best (I know the technology of the newer models is always improved, but very seldom does the newest model LOOK THE BEST)! But, I've got to admit I think the NEWEST model Viper is the BEST, not only because of all the upgrades but guess what (they went back to the OLD BODY STYLE)! jmo

So what you are saying is that if someone can afford a newer car and they buy it the really are just showing off the fact the can afford it?
They can't actually like it, its just about status. Did it ever occur to you that buying NEW cars is what actually supports a car manufacturer so they can continue to STAY IN BUSINESS? If guys didn't buy Gen 3's and 4's there wouldn't be any Gen 5's. So buying a Gen 5 is not showing off, but a Gen 3 or 4 is because you personally don't like them. Got it. What kind of convoluted logic is that?

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it could be well played sarcasm or it could be "can you count the number of garage queens out there" reality check. Who cares why other people buy things anyway?

So what you are saying is that if someone can afford a newer car and they buy it the really are just showing off the fact the can afford it?
They can't actually like it, its just about status. Did it ever occur to you that buying NEW cars is what actually supports a car manufacturer so they can continue to STAY IN BUSINESS? If guys didn't buy Gen 3's and 4's there wouldn't be any Gen 5's. So buying a Gen 5 is not showing off, but a Gen 3 or 4 is because you personally don't like them. Got it. What kind of convoluted logic is that?

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's just stirring the *** with a little sarcasm. To me the Gen 2 is like the Vettes of the middle to late sixties: timeless. Why would SRT try to make the Gen 5 look like a Gen 2 if they didn't feel the same way?

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a looker! Not to often you read of going back a gen . . . what a compliment to the older generation. Be sure to bring it up to the Supercar Show next January in Palm Beach with the rest of the SoFL VCA members.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, I'll just say you Missed my Whole Point & leave it at that! I don't know where you got I don't like Gen. 3's & 4's, just because I happen to prefer the look of the Gen. II over them Doesn't mean I Don't Like Them! I also don't think I'd be looking at several 08' B/W's if I didn't like them. jmo!

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's just stirring the *** with a little sarcasm. To me the Gen 2 is like the Vettes of the middle to late sixties: timeless. Why would SRT try to make the Gen 5 look like a Gen 2 if they didn't feel the same way?
mad0953, you hit it on the head! Game Over! KDR, I forgot to mention your car is Beautiful & the wheels don't hurt it either. jmo

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome to the Real Viper Owners Club. You're the second person in the past month to "step up". :headbang:

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Finally! Someone gets it!!

In other news, congrats K...this one looks spotless

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang