Sold the c6z, kept the Viper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

03CobraAV8R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now THAT'S using Viper logic! All the cool Viper guys do it, just bring up absolutely moronic subjects that have no bearing on the topic at hand, in order to attempt to prove your point.

"OKViper" You're nearly as much of a noob as I am, noob status is based on period of registration, not post count.

And yes, this is a Viper forum, but the topic at hand is about Corvettes - and it's funny how a lot of you just CAN'T handle it, you just can't - just gotta spout of with idiotic and illogical retorts in attempt to gain the "upper hand" over these infidel "noobs"!

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who really cares? I've never wanted a new vet, and I sure don't want a used one. The value of a car 4 years from now is purely speculation, so please change the subject.

...sold the c6z and kept the Viper.

03CobraAV8R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who really cares? I've never wanted a new vet, and I sure don't want a used one. The value of a car 4 years from now is purely speculation, so please change the subject.

...sold the c6z and kept the Viper.
Best post of the thread. Exactly my thoughts. I just enjoy some pointless debating sometimes for entertainment, don't mean to troll.

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now THAT'S using Viper logic! All the cool Viper guys do it, just bring up absolutely moronic subjects that have no bearing on the topic at hand, in order to attempt to prove your point.

"OKViper" You're nearly as much of a noob as I am, noob status is based on period of registration, not post count.

And yes, this is a Viper forum, but the topic at hand is about Corvettes - and it's funny how a lot of you just CAN'T handle it, you just can't - just gotta spout of with idiotic and illogical retorts in attempt to gain the "upper hand" over these infidel "noobs"!
My point is that you are a troll. And I always wondered why noob (yes, noob)bored, non-car owners go on to other forums to ask stupid questions about other cars (in this case values of used cars in 4 years that are not associated with this forum). Who cares?
Go away, get on the supra, WRX, corvette, ricer forums and troll there.
By the way, my status and your status on this forum is very different - I signed up when I bought my GTS - not before with my mustang-or whatever you have- to ask stupid questions.

Hopefully the value of some high horse cars can come down in the next four years (the reason for your post?) and you can get one after high school.

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My point is that you are a troll. And I always wondered why noob (yes, noob)bored, non-car owners go on to other forums to ask stupid questions about other cars (in this case values of used cars in 4 years that are not associated with this forum). Who cares?
Go away, get on the supra, WRX, corvette, ricer forums and troll there.
By the way, my status and your status on this forum is very different - I signed up when I bought my GTS - not before with my mustang-or whatever you have- to ask stupid questions.

Hopefully the value of some high horse cars can come down in the next four years (the reason for your post?) and you can get one after high school.

So only people that own Vipers should read a Viper forum? Is the Viper the ONLY car in the world you like? Most sports car owners are car enthusiasts and like cars of all types. I drive a Corvette, but don't define myself by it. I like all cars. I browse this forum, Corvette forums, Mustang forums, import forums, and a couple of car club forums. I like reading up and learning things about the Viper that I didn't know. I like reading the stories from owners, and asking questions. I'm interested in this forum, because I like Vipers. In fact, I'll probably park one next to the Vette when I get my house paid off. I probably won't buy a Mustang, but I browse those forums too...because there's good information, entertaining videos, and good people to talk to.

As far as asking stupid questions, I don't see what was wrong with him asking why one car should have a greater depreciation rate than the same car's previous model. The only stupid statement(s) made was that a $75k car will definitely worth $25k in 4 years. That is ridiculous....no $75k car is gonna drop that much in value over 4 years, no matter WHAT it is or how many were built. As far as highschool goes, you with your elitist attitude and name calling are far more sophomoric than Cobra was. You bring up things that are COMPLETELY unrelated in this discussion, it seems like you aren't even coherent enough to carry on a conversation. It's people like YOU who give lots of Viper owners a bad reputation and create stereotypes.

03CobraAV8R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lankhoss said:
It's people like YOU who give lots of Viper owners a bad reputation and create stereotypes.
Exactly - it's a shame that individuals like him give others a bad impression of the Viper community.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Point of order, this forum is dedicated to the discussion of the RT10/GTS Viper. Several of you non Viper owners have chosen to hijack it into a confrontational discussion regarding depreciation of the Vette. Frankly we all could probably care less, most of us here have owned our share of Vettes and suffered the pitfalls and indignities of massive depreciation on that brand due to the very large production numbers Chevy generates. The original comment that was made was only really indicative of the comparative nature of depreciation of the Vette vs the Viper.
The comment that was first confrontational is this..

"Used C6 Z's in 4 years will be mid 40's to low 50's, depending on condition and mileage - no use arguing. If you think otherwise, you are wrong"

The original posters comment was only speculative and directed at no one in particular. The above was a poke in the chest so to speak, and from someone with 14 posts. To then debate it is OK but to start dropping it down to the level of "posters like you give the Viper community a bad name" is equivalent to saying "I took a position and the fact that you did not agree with me makes you a bad example" Ummmm, no, bad logic.

And to the other gentleman expert on Corvette prices who says.......

" it seems like you aren't even coherent enough to carry on a conversation. It's people like YOU who give lots of Viper owners a bad reputation and create stereotypes."

Again, you took a position, you came to a Viper forum as a non owner, took exception to a comment by a Viper owner regarding YOUR brand of plastic, debated it as a relative newcomer and then want to drop it down to the level of name calling if you are not winning.

And yes, they called you Noobs, and a Troll I know, I know, did you not really expect that given your newcomer and non owner status? 14 Posts and you want to START an argument? Unfortunately those are the names used on the internet. And one of you OWN the brand in question? Big deal. Let's just chill from here on out. You can't win your argument that the price will be high any more than the original poster could that it would be low.

I own a Corvette as well as my Vipers. It's all good, but I think this is going nowhere but down so I'm closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960