Someone Is Trying To Scam Through This Web Site

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have recieved these e-mails over the past several days and wanted to post it here on the VCA. I first received them through EBay and now it is through our own VCA site. Below is the e-mail, hello how can these people be so ignorant: I guess they find someone who falls to their temptation. I received one for each ad I have on the site.

Hello
I just place a look on your item and i am interested in immediate purchase of this item,but before i proceed on this transaction i will like to ask some question as follow.
1.What is the condition of the item?
2. Do you accept a ( cheque / money order) as a mode of payment?
3. What is the final asking prize you can go at last?
4. Will you let our shipping company to come to your house for the pick up of the item cos we don't want you to worry yourself about the shipping of the item.
5. Will you be able to send the remaining fund back to the shipping company via western union money transfer same day you recieve and cash the Cheque for the arrangement of the home pick up from your house 6.if okay You are to send your NAME,ADDRESS,CITY,STATE,POSTCODE,TEL # to mail out the payment today.

It is from [email protected]

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats AgentF1 trying to buy that GTS you have :D :D :D

That's funny, you beat me to it.
Bernie, I don't THINK it really has nothing to do with the site, it's just that these scammers look everywhere for large ticket items for sale to pull these scams, if you are getting an email I don't know how you think it's coming THROUGH the site, they are just viewing your cars in the classifieds perhaps? If it was a PM we could really get something going in terms of a "sting" as that would mean it's from a registered user. I would be workin' on that IP address right away!

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You didn't tell me you would take a check for the car Bernie? I'll take all of them. ;) :lmao:

I could not believe how many people are trying to pass back checks. I had a few of them trying to buy the car I am selling. :nono: Same story, they were going to send a trucking company and they would give me a check. As soon as I said I would hold the car until the check cleared or wanted the money wired I would not hear back from them. :dunno:

OP
OP
B

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks tucked all of the slithering beauties away before I left tonight. Lee I did not get a PM, just wanted to let individuals know about the e-mail as a snake heads up!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I can't beleive that the Nigerian scam is still making the rounds, and I also can't beleive that people fall for them. Boggles the imagination.