Someone please make this for 2006-2010

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would prefere it not be a "Drilled" installation. Perhaps it could be a combination of some fasteners on the edge of the hatch ( that could be drilled but not noticable ....along with some of that real sticky 3M adhesive tape...

I have a few ideas as to how to make it a non intrusive part, we will see how it lines up

you can bet, the Gen 5 is getting drilled though.

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about grabbing the side edge of the trunk lid? Mechanical connection with double sided adhesive in the middle...

OP
OP
J

JLorello

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wouldn't trust 300lb downforce with any adhesive.

Just sink some female threaded plugs in the wing. That way bolt on is "optional".

King_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depending on how far (if any) it would go down the back of the lid you could use the third brake light as a mounting point like some duckbill spoilers do on other cars

(on a vert)

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Subscribed this should be interesting.

So what's is the expected rear down force improvement from something like this. My guess is that it wouldn't quite replace the huge ACR wing. If that's the case adding ACR front canards and this rear spoiler might result on unbalanced front biased down force.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Subscribed this should be interesting.

So what's is the expected rear down force improvement from something like this. My guess is that it wouldn't quite replace the huge ACR wing. If that's the case adding ACR front canards and this rear spoiler might result on unbalanced front biased down force.

Your car has a front splitter built into your fascia, does it feel front biased? probably not, a proper front splitter, while increasing front downforce, also creates downforce on the whole car front to back if the car has a rake to it (and a few other variables)

A duckbill spoiler like the TA spoiler will add some downforce but not like a wing, about 30% of what a wing would, so when combined with a front air device and the large TA spoiler a balanced equation can be developed, think of canards as a tuning device for front downforce, more than be all end all solution

OP
OP
J

JLorello

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll have some pics up on Monday!

Interested to see what you have. If done properly, I think this spoiler could add some good curves to the gen 3/4. All depends on how it flows with the current hatch.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
The ends look funny, maybe this should have been a three piece spoiler, with longer ends and slightly overlapping the edge of the trunk?

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS-R 001, please also make one for the Gen V, as the asking price of $4800 for this spoiler and 2 front little parts is out of range.
I want one for my upcoming Gen V and I'm sure your version would be cheaper and not have the ugly gap on the ends.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS-R 001, please also make one for the Gen V, as the asking price of $4800 for this spoiler and 2 front little parts is out of range.
I want one for my upcoming Gen V and I'm sure your version would be cheaper and not have the ugly gap on the ends.

CLaude,

Just send that baby down here for the winter and I'll mod it to H*&%! , LOL

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any update with maybe the earlier gen vipers?

I am almost ready to post pics, I have been holding off till I have everything perfected and one of the version I came up with for the verts is, very nice to say the least, it has a snake ehead third brake light replacement (lens) so that it completely changes the look of the rear of the vert...

JohnnyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am almost ready to post pics, I have been holding off till I have everything perfected and one of the version I came up with for the verts is, very nice to say the least, it has a snake ehead third brake light replacement (lens) so that it completely changes the look of the rear of the vert...

Oh hell yea... Sounds lovely!