someone trying to scam me

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the email response to my classified add on this website, he may be sincere(doubting it). I told him i will not take a deposit or pay an outside firm for him. Additionally i told him i would take a local(to me) bank check or a wire transfer directly to my account and that title and transfer of car would not happen until these funds have cleared into my account. here are the emails i summarized my response above ^

Hello,

Complement of the day.I'm writing regarding your placed ad,as i
will like you to e-mail me the full detail,present condition(current
photo if avaliable),and pls do get back to me with your final asking
price and also let me know if you still have it available for sale.

Hello,

My name is Terry Williams residing in the UK.i am glad that you e-mail me pictures of the car as i will pay you $26,500 firm for the purchase of car.but before i can make the payment to you,i will have the transporters here in the UK to come to your location for a test drive process on the car and moreover i will have to make a down payment to you so as to make you reserve the car for me for not getting it sold to other interested buyer.

I will make a down payment of $2,000 and also i will include the test drive fees which will cost for $2,500 and mind you the payment will be made out to you in form of US Postal money orders and as soon as the funds of $4,500 have been cleared into your account i will like you to have the car ready for a test drive to be conducted and also you will make the remaining funds of $2,500 payable to the transporters to cover for the test drive fees and all other expenses during inspection.

I will be looking forward for proceedings to you and also get back to me with the full names,mailing address and phone number the money orders can be made
payable to.

Regards
Terry.

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Hello,

Complement of the day.I'm writing regarding your placed ad,as i
will like you to e-mail me the full detail,present condition(current
photo if avaliable),and pls do get back to me with your final asking
price and also let me know if you still have it available for sale."

Yea, I just received the same exact email for my VCA ad, I can't believe they actually get results with this crap.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
"Complement of the day."

Who writes like this? Only those that want to make you think they are good.

Stay away.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was in banking in my previous life we saw scams like that almost on a daily basis. It's amazing how many people fall for this particular scam and lose a lot of money.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they didnt repond to my answer(suprise suprise)
OHHH, Man, just send all your credit card #s and home addresses, OH and E mails and wifes maiden name. You will WIN I guarantee.