something diffrient........whad do you guys think?

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, looking at trplblks car and seeing how great it looks with those "stealth" flat black stripes game me an idea. idea that ive never seen on any other car before.

Flat white stripes on my white GTS?!?!?!?

For all that dont know i have a 99gts that i had painted solid white.

What do you guys think? Ive never been a stripe fan but this "stealth" look, looks amazing.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think matte white or black stripes on your car would look wicked. I'd lean more towards the black though; white may be too subtle.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think matte white or black stripes on your car would look wicked. I'd lean more towards the black though; white may be too subtle.

ive been holding off on the black stripes for the past 3 years but i think it might be time. Im still trying to visualize what the white stripes would look like. For some reason i dont think they'll have the same affect as the black stripes on trpblks ride.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think an off white stripe would be killer.

You might be able to get someone who does vinyl stripes to lay some over the car (not stuck on) just to get a look at it first. That would allow you to "try on" several colors till you find the right ones.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think it would look like crap, stick with black or blue stripes on a white car.

Normally i'd say Blue, but with black wheels i think Black would look the best

If this white/flatwhite combo looked good then im sure someone would have done it by now (with Any car). Show me a pic...

Last edited:

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ive been holding off on the black stripes for the past 3 years but i think it might be time. Im still trying to visualize what the white stripes would look like. For some reason i dont think they'll have the same affect as the black stripes on trpblks ride.

Here is one I did a while back for someone else. Basically I just desaturated the blue on the GTSR and added some Astras. I know the badges are in the wrong spot and there are some other subtleties that are off, but it'll give everyone an idea.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is one I did a while back for someone else. Basically I just desaturated the blue on the GTSR and added some Astras. I know the badges are in the wrong spot and there are some other subtleties that are off, but it'll give everyone an idea.

You must be registered for see images

yeah im not sure about these black stripes. Really breaks the car up.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think it would look like crap, stick with black or blue stripes on a white car.

Normally i'd say Blue, but with black wheels i think Black would look the best

If this white/flatwhite combo looked good then im sure someone would have done it by now (with Any car). Show me a pic...

i disagree! if someone hasnt done it, doesnt mean it wont look good. Look at my car, im still yet to see another solid white viper and i would say it looks pretty good.:D

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think what makes a black car with the matte black stripes work is the amount of reflectivity and the contrast. When you have a fully waxed and detailed black car sitting next to a fully waxed and detailed white car, the black is going to pop more, especially in the light. Anything lighter than black (which is everything) will reflect in the paint. When you throw matte black stripes on it, there is a sharp contrast between all that reflectivity in the high gloss portions and the complete lack in the matte.

However, a white car doesn't have the same luxury. A shiny white car won't pick up as many reflections and therefore the contrast between the matte and gloss will be subtle at best.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think what makes a black car with the matte black stripes work is the amount of reflectivity and the contrast. When you have a fully waxed and detailed black car sitting next to a fully waxed and detailed white car, the black is going to pop more, especially in the light. Anything lighter than black (which is everything) will reflect in the paint. When you throw matte black stripes on it, there is a sharp contrast between all that reflectivity in the high gloss portions and the complete lack in the matte.

However, a white car doesn't have the same luxury. A shiny white car won't pick up as many reflections and therefore the contrast between the matte and gloss will be subtle at best.

WOW you said it. Nailed it right on the head.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you could put just about any stripes on a white car and it would look good as long has you have a black interior. Or you could leave it stripe-less and it looks good.

treed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car looks great as is, but if you want to add stripes, I would definitely go with black, or the snakeskin black! I don't think blue would work as well with the black wheels, and besides, a white/blue combo has been done already. Maybe not the same shades, but has been done. Just my opinion.

DEADEYE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What ever color you choose, you'll need something else on the car to match as an accent to the stripe color. IMO

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wll my interior is red and black and so are the parts under the hood. so blue is def. out of the question.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car looks amazing!!!

I vote for pearl white or black stripes. Although it looks AWESOME the way it sits...