Sorry, I am having just a tiny bit of difficulty reconciling this...

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and it is really not a problem at all, just very amusing!

Start with todays, 12/05/05, thread:

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
safireviper
Enthusiast

Reged: 10/10/01
Loc: Westlake Village, CA
1 Photos
I've been warned
#620725 - 12/05/05 12:59 AM Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

Certain people do not like my opinion on where the Dodge Viper is headed and have been told if I make another negative comment - I'll be banished for a month. Unbelievable and now I'll go and read the Costitution and Bill of Rights just to make sure where I live. You guys sure showed me.

--------------------
'02 Graphite Metallic Viper ACR (1 of 17)

Post Extras:
F355
NJ VCA Member

Reged: 10/07/02
Loc: New Jersey
27 Photos
Re: I've been warned
#620727 - 12/05/05 01:47 AM Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

Got the same thing.

--------------------
2001 Dodge Viper RT/10
Deep Sapphire Blue over Cognac

More Exotics To Come...

Post Extras:

Eventually,
Y2K5SRT responds.......................................

Think about it: If an SRT owner came in and pulled similar crap in the Gen I/II forums there would be outrage 100 times stronger. You would not only call for that person to be banned, you would probably send out a hit squad. Imagine if some goofball (and a few of them at that) regularly came in and posted threads or hijacked many, many others with comments like "Yeah, but the Gen II doesn't even have 500 horsepower - don't get me started on the Gen I", "the GTS and RT/10 couldn't even sell 1000 copies a year they sucked so bad", "you like that clown shoe styling? I guess for a girl's car it's okay", "anybody notice how bad the values of the Gen I/II are tanking because nobody wants them?", "nice styling you got there - if you liked 1989", and on and on and on. Think that wouldn't have a ton of Viper owners screaming for a banning? Of course it would and rightfully so. So what makes it okay for anybody to post the same BS in the SRT forums? Answer: NOTHING. (And for the record, the GTS is still my favorite Viper body style to date - Comp Coupe right there with it)

Now, any single one of those lines used in the Gen II forum would call for immediate banning. And any one of the Viper owners in this forum would agree with it. You can whine about "trying to inspire DC on future product", but that is BS. The posts referenced in the second paragraph have nothing to do with inspiring the DC team and have everything to do with just being mean-spirited. Newsflash: The looks of the SRT were endlessly debated, criticized, and praised when the car was released in late 2002. After three years it has just been enough. The points have been made, DC is on notice, and there are now over 6,000 SRT owners that like the car the way it is. Just like there are 17,000 Gen I/II owners that are happy with their cars..............................

Now read the thread:

SRT BASHING THREADS
#621142 - 12/05/05 11:22 PM

Then read the thread:

F355
NJ VCA Member

Reged: 10/07/02
Loc: New Jersey
27 Photos
Re: Changing the SRT body style for the better
#621144 - 12/05/05 11:23 PM

one minute later!

I know I did a lousy job cutting and pasting. I probably have presented this in a very confusing manner. However, I apologized today and I am going to attempt to wait a few days then possibly have some fun on the Gen I/II Board probably get banned or at least threatened. I'm sure most of the good people here are just shaking their head at me, but, if you want to join me for a good round of teasing and banter please let me know. Maybe a quick surgical strike by a few of us on the other Forum. NO, I AM NOT GOING TO DO THAT ANYMORE! I PROMISE NOT TO AND I AM JUST JOKING, BECAUSE THIS IS HOW IT STARTS.

F355, I believe you are really a good person and think you are trying to be friendly and constructive. Unfortunatly, I am one SRT-10 vert owner that hopes you take your time before you finish growing into SRT-10 ownership; and during that time consider this Forum read only.

Do you really think you helped a first time Viper owner with his shiny new SRTC or even a second or third time owner? Is that person supposed to apologize and say,,yea buddy you're right but that's all I can find if I want a new one. Gee ****, can I hire you to consult with my local bodyshop and put your design thoughts to use on my new car? Go ahead and flame me, but do you?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Three years of incessant SRT bashing by a bunch of posers and garage queens culminated into a **** or take a time out like the four-year-old-little-brat-you-sound-like option.

OP
OP
R

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:needpics:

:2tu:

Points taken. Thank you for your comments. Happy Holidays! :)

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ya, so anyway...I heard the BlueJays are going to win the World Series next year.

04 SRT10 Owner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,
Halt! I think people are taking this forum all too serious. This forum should be about expressing our opinions in a civilized manner and having fun doing it. Guys whether it's GENI, II, or III we all have one of the greatest automobiles ever produced hands down. Guys its almost everyday I just pinch myself knowing I have 2 of the finest and definitely one of the fastest cars in the frikin planet.Even before I put the RSI TT on my 2004 the car was fast by normal standards.I think sometimes we get jaded and forget what we had pre Viper. Look , we all know things can be improved and I truly believe Dodge has made a great effort to respond to our desires. If someone wants to vent a little in this forum I say let them do so as long as it doesn't get too personal. What good would it be if everybody just agreed on everything. I for one appreciate all the diverse opinions and the great amount of info that has helped me to enjoy my cars more. Thanks for allowing me to voice my opinion if you agree with it or not.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,
Halt! I think people are taking this forum all too serious. This forum should be about expressing our opinions in a civilized manner and having fun doing it. Guys whether it's GENI, II, or III we all have one of the greatest automobiles ever produced hands down. Guys its almost everyday I just pinch myself knowing I have 2 of the finest and definitely one of the fastest cars in the frikin planet.Even before I put the RSI TT on my 2004 the car was fast by normal standards.I think sometimes we get jaded and forget what we had pre Viper. Look , we all know things can be improved and I truly believe Dodge has made a great effort to respond to our desires. If someone wants to vent a little in this forum I say let them do so as long as it doesn't get too personal. What good would it be if everybody just agreed on everything. I for one appreciate all the diverse opinions and the great amount of info that has helped me to enjoy my cars more. Thanks for allowing me to voice my opinion if you agree with it or not.

Agreed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc