Sound files

Viperarri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everybody. I have removed the rear muffler on my 2000 Rt-10 but I left the resonator and stock cats on, I noticed it is now a little deeper rumble and a whole lot louder @ wot, but still not the deep rumble I am looking for. I just received the ROE 5lb blower, smooth tubes and hi-flow cats and was wondering before I install these:
1. will there be any noticeable sound difference with the addition of the blower?
2. should I delete the cats and resonator altogether and reinstall some type of rear muffler, ie..Borla, Corsa?
3. does anyone have any sound files demonstrating their setups and awesome sound?

I am looking for a sound that will let everyone know I have arrived, but will not set off alarms or disable pets.

I know the easiest thing to do would be to check out other Vipers at my local Viper club, however there is not a club that I know of near me. Also I am having trouble finding a muffler shop who would be willing to take off my cats (illegal in Alberta) so I can't really play around with the different combinations at the shop. Any help would be really appreciated.
Thank you

OP
OP
V

Viperarri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
InjecttheVenom: Thanks for your reply, I believe that club is based out of Vancouver, B.C. and I have been in contact with the President on a previous topic.
Thanks again for the information

OP
OP
V

Viperarri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies:

Neil - K: Car sounds brilliant, I love the jet engine whine, would you happen to know the exact setup on that car? It sounds as though the cats are removed, but are the resonators and rear muffler gone as well?

Asp Man - I would love to come by and check out your gorgeous machine, it sounds awesome. Did you remove the cats and install a straight pipe yourself and also did you delete your resonators and rear muffler?

V10SpeedLuvr - good luck with your mods, post a sound clip as soon as you can.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a full Belanger set up -- no cats. I believe Nadine's is similar, or was at one time, but she has the lumpy cam for a little added effect. This takes place over a 1/4 mile or so of a closed course so to speak. 0-100+.
Recorded with a Palm Pilot almost 3 years ago pre Roe blower. It will be even a little louder now with the roller rockers just installed last week.

More air in--more air out = more concussion.

Belanger

Steve

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperarri: "Asp Man - I would love to come by and check out your gorgeous machine, it sounds awesome. Did you remove the cats and install a straight pipe yourself and also did you delete your resonators and rear muffler?"

Thanks, come by anytime, PM me for my ph#. Cats/mufflers deleted, straight pipe in the side sills, factory rear resonator is still in place. It sounds quite different in person, louder of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine