SOUTH DAKOTA NO SRT-10s?

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to DC: "In the State of South Dakota Viper SRT-10s may not be sold due to State law."

What's up with that? Any body know about the law that is going to keep SRT-10s out of South Dakota??

Dolph Williams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Auuuu you know, South Dakota is where all those crazy bikers meet up every summer to raise hell and have all that fun, uhhh, I mean cause all those problems and terrorize all the old ladies. Can you imagine what it would be like if all those crazy bikers showed up one year to raise hell in SRT-10's??????

Hummmmmm......... I might go to Sturgis again!!!!!

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was something with the State requirements on noise level and emissions. Since they have only sold 8 Vipers in SD in 10 years Dodge felt that it was not worth the additional expense? The one lone VCA member in SD is just going to register it at another address in another State.

Dolph Williams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

Seems I have read somewhere that the new exhaust is electronically controled. Can you explain how this works and can it be modified if we want better sound? Also, I read that the oxygen sensors are new and are water proof/resistant. Am I hallucinating or is this correct? Why?(is this correct, not why? am I hallucinating)!

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The production exhaust is not yet finished. What they use and how it works will be determined once they pass the drive bye testing.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dolph, you obviously don't know me. I have no KNOWLEDGE of anything mechanical. They may have said something or showed me something, but they only do that because they know I have no KNOWLEDGE of what they are saying. Sometimes I think they like telling me technical things just to see me try and explain it, that is a joke in itself. Sorry, I wish I could help?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dolph Williams:
Seems I have read somewhere that the new exhaust is electronically controled. Can you explain how this works and can it be modified if we want better sound? Also, I read that the oxygen sensors are new and are water proof/resistant. Am I hallucinating or is this correct? Why?(is this correct, not why? am I hallucinating)! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Dolph ........
SORRY, I dont hang out here much !

Initially, Dodge was going to use "Stealth Technology" (ie Dodge Stealth) to have a SPORT and TOUR mode in the VGX. The default would be Tour, or very quiet. An electro-mechanical baffle would be employed. It proved too large, heavy, complicated, and costly. The vendor was told a few months ago the idea was scrapped. But word of it leaked prematurely, (NOT FROM ME!) and the new DODGE VIPER hardcover (great!) book speaks of it.

Now, a more conventional crossover system will be used. (a Viper 1st! The cats will still be sidesill outboards, in Aluminum sills.

You are correct about the O-2s.......

Call anytime Dolph ! JonB

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456