South Florida Need Help!

koskiller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I'm new to the forum, and hoping to acquire my first Viper. Looking to get into a late model Gen2 w/ ABS preferably.

I'm looking at a 2001 GTS down in Ft. Lauterdale (sp?) but I live in DC myself. I plan on doing a full PPI with Doug Levin, but since the deal sounds too good to be true, I don't want to sink the cost without someone going and giving the car a quick look.

I don't expect you to be a full viper tech, I just want someone to have a look at it from the outside, and run it around the block for a few miles and make sure there are no obvious issues with the car. If it checks out with a current viper owner, then I'll get it in for the full PPI.

I know this is a lot to ask but it's greatly apprecaited. PM me with your phone# and I'll call you right back with the details.

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to joining the community!

Bobby

OP
OP
K

koskiller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
coral springs or coral gables... Not quite sure.

Carfax looks outstanding!

Just need someone to run the thing around the block!

Thanks Everyone!!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
doug levin can be trusted 100%. he is one picky SOB/perfectionist too.

id trust him to look at anything and id buy it sight unseen for sure if doug said it was good.

not to mention i think you can get cheap flights to go down there and do it yourself. fly down in the AM and return later that day.

OP
OP
K

koskiller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
doug levin can be trusted 100%. he is one picky SOB/perfectionist too.

id trust him to look at anything and id buy it sight unseen for sure if doug said it was good.

not to mention i think you can get cheap flights to go down there and do it yourself. fly down in the AM and return later that day.

Plum - you're absolutely right. I've spoken with Doug and my first impression was very positive. Seems like a straight shooting guy that loves what he does (how could he not?!?). Nevertheless, I am always a bit fearful of not positioning myself in between the seller and the tech doing the PPI.

I'm paying approx. $500 for the PPI. How difficult would it be for a seller to offer the tech 3 times that amount to say everything is kosher on the PPI?

I'm not questioning anyones integrity, and certainly not Doug's. I'm talking priciple, and being reasonably assured that I'm not putting myself in a postion to have the rug pulled out from underneath me.

I'd simply just like someone local who has a bit of experience with Vipers to go run it around the block. If someone can do that for me i'll be on the next flight down, and have that thing over to Doug right away!! I'll even buy the test-driver a Beer when I come down!!! How's that for a deal?!!?

Thanks again guys.

Bobby

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
If you have not already done so, you NEED to ask your friendly Dodge dealer to run the VIN...to be sure that there are no surprises.

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plum - you're absolutely right. I've spoken with Doug and my first impression was very positive. Seems like a straight shooting guy that loves what he does (how could he not?!?). Nevertheless, I am always a bit fearful of not positioning myself in between the seller and the tech doing the PPI.

I'm paying approx. $500 for the PPI. How difficult would it be for a seller to offer the tech 3 times that amount to say everything is kosher on the PPI?

I'm not questioning anyones integrity, and certainly not Doug's. I'm talking priciple, and being reasonably assured that I'm not putting myself in a postion to have the rug pulled out from underneath me.

I'd simply just like someone local who has a bit of experience with Vipers to go run it around the block. If someone can do that for me i'll be on the next flight down, and have that thing over to Doug right away!! I'll even buy the test-driver a Beer when I come down!!! How's that for a deal?!!?

Thanks again guys.

Bobby

You're asking someone local to look over a local car. What are the odds the someone local knows the seller of the local car? You might want to trust Doug before you trust some other anonymous stranger.

Bob

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
chances are anyone in that area knows doug.....

is the seller a VCA member by any chance ? maybe we know the car or seller here ?

doug isnt about to hurt his impeccable rep for $500. thats for dang sure.

i know a guy in that area, im gonna PM him and see if i can get him to help ya out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

koskiller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have not already done so, you NEED to ask your friendly Dodge dealer to run the VIN...to be sure that there are no surprises.

Pardon my foolishness here, but would a dodge dealer be able to tell me more about the vehicle than a carfax?

Bobby

OP
OP
K

koskiller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
chances are anyone in that area knows doug.....

is the seller a VCA member by any chance ? maybe we know the car or seller here ?

doug isnt about to hurt his impeccable rep for $500. thats for dang sure.

i know a guy in that area, im gonna PM him and see if i can get him to help ya out.

Plum - you're totally right. I don't think this seller could pay Doug enough to make him do the wrong thing.

Really I think it's a function of cost. If some can lay their eyes on the car and see for themselves that it's a pile of junk, then I could disqualify it without sinking any hard cash into the inspection.

If someone lays their eyes on it and says it's looks reasonable, then it's going to DLM no question for a full PPI.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help... This is a great community and I look forward to getting more involved.

Thanks again.

Bobby

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a dealer like tator dodge can give you specifics on what warranty work was done. its helpfull. he helped me a ton before i bought mine.

chuck tator is da man ! call him first for this info and parts as well.

914-763-3136

OP
OP
K

koskiller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More info please. There are 50 miles between Coral Springs and Coral Gables.

I can't get a hold of the seller right now, but i am almost positive it's coral springs.

Oh, and BTW I highly doubt the seller is a VCA member. Appears to be a dealer and doesn't specialize in these types of vehicles. Thanks.

The vin on the car is "2001 DODGE VIPER GTS (1B3ER69E91V703311)" if this helps at all.

Bobby

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can get me the name by 8:30am Thursday I will check it out in the morning. You can pm me your number and I can call you while I am looking at it.

OP
OP
K

koskiller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can get me the name by 8:30am Thursday I will check it out in the morning. You can pm me your number and I can call you while I am looking at it.

Ray - You're awesome man. I'm trying to get a hold of the seller. I'm hope to get the info to you by tomorrow AM.

Thank so much for the help.

Bobby

OP
OP
K

koskiller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesnt' look like Ray is going to be able to get to this until early next week.

Still looking for someone in Ft. Lauderdale, Coral Springs area to take a nice car for a test drive!

Thanks guys.

Bobby

2 VENOMOUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My Body Shop is 15min from Coral Springs, if he wants to bring it by I'll be happy to check it out for you, I owned a GTS and have two SRT's.
cell 561 926 0892
george

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang