Southern California VCA Car Control Clinic - 11/7/09

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Fellow VCA members,

SoCal President, Dan Everts and his lovely wife Cathy have put together a first class event for Viper Club members to engage in some rubber burning good time without worrying about blinking lights behind you as well as a great opportunity to learn how to better control your car in the 2nd Annual Car Control Clinic held in an enormous (1000x12000) parking lot at the California Speedway in Fontana.

You MUST be a VCA member to participate. The costs for a full day of enjoyment for 2 people which includes lunch is only $100 per car!

There will be 4 driving modules:

STATION #1 - Is a "small" figure 8 around cones where an instructor rides with you and instructs each driver and offers input / advice on how the car feels, what the car is doing and how to best control it while turning left and right. I know this will be a long day for our instructors but they should have some fun too.

STATION #2 - Is a timed AutoX type slalom course. It starts with a short “straight”, proceeds “through the cones”, followed by a 180 degree left turn at speed, then back through the cones and past the timer. We’ll see if we can rustle up some prizes for this station.

STATION #3 - Is a “0 to 60” with the driver doing a “threshold” brake after reaching 60 mph. DC Performance’s Lyle Larson spent years as a professional drag racer and went as fast 6.32 at 220.51-mph in an alcohol car. Lyle will provide instruction at this station. We’ll have a drag racers “tree” so that we can learn how a tree works and test our reaction times.

STATION #4 - Is a "large" figure 8 around cones where an instructor rides with and instructs each driver and offers input / advice on how the car feels, what the car is doing and how to best control it while turning left and right.

Click on the SoCal Viper Club link below for full details:

CAR CONTROL CLINIC at Auto Club Speedway - Nov 7th

Hope some members from other regions can attend.

For those of you who went on the Hearst Castle Run in '07 you know that the Everts pay very close attention to details and insist on a very high quality type of fun for all members, so please join in on the fun.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Fellow VCA members,

SoCal President, Dan Everts and his lovely wife Cathy have put together a first class event for Viper Club members to engage in some rubber burning good time without worrying about blinking lights behind you as well as a great opportunity to learn how to better control your car in the 2nd Annual Car Control Clinic held in an enormous (1000x12000) parking lot at the California Speedway in Fontana.

You MUST be a VCA member to participate. The costs for a full day of enjoyment for 2 people which includes lunch is only $100 per car!

There will be 4 driving modules:

STATION #1 - Is a "small" figure 8 around cones where an instructor rides with you and instructs each driver and offers input / advice on how the car feels, what the car is doing and how to best control it while turning left and right. I know this will be a long day for our instructors but they should have some fun too.

STATION #2 - Is a timed AutoX type slalom course. It starts with a short “straight”, proceeds “through the cones”, followed by a 180 degree left turn at speed, then back through the cones and past the timer. We’ll see if we can rustle up some prizes for this station.

STATION #3 - Is a “0 to 60” with the driver doing a “threshold” brake after reaching 60 mph. DC Performance’s Lyle Larson spent years as a professional drag racer and went as fast 6.32 at 220.51-mph in an alcohol car. Lyle will provide instruction at this station. We’ll have a drag racers “tree” so that we can learn how a tree works and test our reaction times.

STATION #4 - Is a "large" figure 8 around cones where an instructor rides with and instructs each driver and offers input / advice on how the car feels, what the car is doing and how to best control it while turning left and right.

Click on the SoCal Viper Club link below for full details:

CAR CONTROL CLINIC at Auto Club Speedway - Nov 7th

Hope some members from other regions can attend.

For those of you who went on the Hearst Castle Run in '07 you know that the Everts pay very close attention to details and insist on a very high quality type of fun for all members, so please join in on the fun.

How about bringing the event up north? :smirk:

OP
OP
N

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warfang and Canyon,

You two can setup a caravan to the South, trust me you will not be disappointed and you'll get VIP treatment.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warfang and Canyon,

You two can setup a caravan to the South, trust me you will not be disappointed and you'll get VIP treatment.

That's just giving me fish... I'd like for something like this up north. You guys get all the fun. I'd drive down if I could, but just too busy with work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper