Speaking of SEMA: Any news on a 2009 ACR?

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SEMA Show was a MAJOR disapointment for any Viper lover. Chrysler only had a green '08 convert. The main MOPAR display area had one Viper motor on a stand. There were no Viper performance upgrades displayed anywhere. The Chrysler/MOPAR displays were overwhelmed with Challengers & a Cuda Concept. I was shocked. They didn't even bring the 675hp Viper that was at the Detroit Auto Show last Janurary. Maybe they are planning on an Auto Show announcement in Jan. '08?

I agree 100% with the disappointment for any Viper lover. Everywhere I went I searched and searched for Vipers, esp in the Mopar area. I did see 2 Comp Coupes but nothing to do with an 08. I feel this was a big mistake due to the fact you could show the world what the "Big Dog" looked like in person. Dodge could have had some of the 08s there in the different colors they are offering and received a ton of free advertising.I know I would have spent most of my time there drooling. They also could have shown some models of the Dodge Demon to get the individuals who love the Miata sized cars. I know I want one of those to run around in esp since it will mean buying Dodge.If they make it anywhere as tough as my Viper I will be happy. I was actually disappointed the the overall SEMA show this year. Toyota was the main vehicle sponsor and it seemed as though they didn't feel like spending too much of their money.

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:nono:
Um, we plan to announce the next raffle car as soon as this Friday (shhhh, it's our little secret). Maybe that is what you are thinking or this "senior official" was referring. The only major auto shows I know of are LA (next week) and Miami (no idea). And the press release you listed is the OLD concept car from NAIAS last January in Detroit. And I can tell you for absolute fact that car is not being produced to my knowledge.

Dont tell what you can, tell what you cant!!!!!! :nono: