Speaking of SEMA: Any news on a 2009 ACR?

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A while back it seemed like an SRT-10 ACR was already planned for 2009. I would assume the Mopar race parts for 675HP, along with the Aero stuff and some new wheels ...

(I would be most interested in any new ACR wheels for my '08 that I have on-order)

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah i think so too... SRT has this in their back pocket if Chevy should announce the production of the 600hl plus vette.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The "new" same old looking Vette will definitely determine when the "ACR" comes out of hiding. Chevy will have to S/C a car to compete.....who knows what is in store for them when they deliver the SS, or Blue Devil, or ZR-1 or whatever they are going to call it.

OP
OP
Vipermann

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah i think so too... SRT has this in their back pocket if Chevy should announce the production of the 600hl plus vette.

... It's already been announced. It was quoted in the December MT magazine -- estimated price, $99K:

(The bad news for Vette fans is that it's also been confirmed that the same boring C6 style will be in place until 2013.)

IMG2.jpg

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Oh, ye, of little faith. The three headed dog, Cerberus, shall bark three times, before any news of the Blue Devil appears again, proving in guarding the gates of Hades, the only beast to be released with a true vengeance, will have fangs and be of a venomous nature. This shall happen before the little dog's head bobs four times in the back window of a slammed 64 Chebby in Ensenada.

The Oracle has spoken.

OP
OP
Vipermann

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thou shalt not have to wait till 2009.

Read and you shall be pleased.

Autoweek is about as available as Knitting Quarterly around here ... no news on the Autoweek website (unless your talking about the Challenger)

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Ok, Bill, read what?

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I chatted with Sir Billiam and he doesn't have the latest Autoweek nor any inside scoop at this point. And it turns out it is about the new $225,000 "Super Vette"!

Last edited:

N2 Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Autoweek cover and article deals with the new ZR-1, made by Pratt/Miller. New 500cc small block, 650 hp, 600ft/lbs torque. Cost $225K!!! I just glanced at this as it was in the late mail. I'm not sure on all the details. I'll check more tomorrow, but I'm sure someone will chime in. These are the guys that make the C6R for GM.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The C6RS is also a serious lightweight- only 3166 pounds. The Viper ACR needs to go on a serious diet to stay at the top of it's game.

Maybe Amy Winehouse can be our new celebrity endorser.:lmao:

Think THIN....THIN....THIN

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Autoweek cover and article deals with the new ZR-1, made by Pratt/Miller. New 500cc small block, 650 hp, 600ft/lbs torque. Cost $225K!!! I just glanced at this as it was in the late mail. I'm not sure on all the details. I'll check more tomorrow, but I'm sure someone will chime in. These are the guys that make the C6R for GM.

SCOOOORE :D ! That still leaves the Viper in the punishing expensive exotic price range.

VardaMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SEMA Show was a MAJOR disapointment for any Viper lover. Chrysler only had a green '08 convert. The main MOPAR display area had one Viper motor on a stand. There were no Viper performance upgrades displayed anywhere. The Chrysler/MOPAR displays were overwhelmed with Challengers & a Cuda Concept. I was shocked. They didn't even bring the 675hp Viper that was at the Detroit Auto Show last Janurary. Maybe they are planning on an Auto Show announcement in Jan. '08?

OP
OP
Vipermann

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, the truth is that Dodge will need to sell a whole bunch of those Challengers, so the focus would seem understandable. (In fact I'm worried about whether Dodge can/will sell enough of those cars if they don't manage to get them included into rental car fleets, as Ford does to rationalize greater unit volume with the Mustang.)

As for new news, doesn't the LA auto show happen before the Detroit show???

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't think any ACR talk will come out till the 08's are sold.
I was told at a recent VCA meet by a very senior VCA official that an announcement is eminent (around 2 weeks) about a special version of the 2008. Details were not released. This is fact not rumor.

My personal speculation is something called the Competition Package aka ACR. It was on the Canadian website before it got pulled.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And I forgot to add there might be some Mopar performance too, probably similar to their 01/09/2007 announcement this year. Mouthwatering! :2tu:

Custom Viper displays tweaks from Mopar Performance Parts – and 675 horsepower!

Farmington Hills, Mich., January 9 /EXCLUSIVE from viperclub.org/ -- Much speculation has been made since the first details were released on the 2008 Dodge Viper scheduled to appear this week at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. Of course today is the day you were supposed to be reading about it, however some magazine editions hit the newsstands – and websites – a little earlier. Viper buyers, already giddy over the addition of a whopping 90 horsepower (yes, 600 total ponies under that revised hood) still had one nagging worry in the back of their minds: What about this long-rumored “Blue Devil” from the “other” American super car camp?

They needn’t have worried. In a surprise addition to this weeks show, DaimlerChrysler’s Mopar and SRT (Street & Racing Technology) Division have added a third Viper in concept form, joining the Venom Red SRT10 Roadster and Viper Red SRT10 Coupe with white racing stripes. Reminiscent of the SRT10 Carbon shown at SEMA in 2003, this latest Coupe variation showcases the many possibilities of this potent platform.

“We at SRT, along with our counterparts at Mopar Performance, wanted to build something for NAIAS that would show what can be done with the new '08 Viper,” said Steve Sharples, Viper Brand Manager at SRT. “This includes many of the new Mopar Performance parts which will be available for the car when it starts shipping to showrooms later this year.”

The Mopar Performance Parts featured are:

- Tubular Exhaust Header Package
- High-flowing, Cat-Back Exhaust System
- Low-restriction, functional Cold Air Intake System
- Fully adjustable Coilover Suspension Kit
- "Sidewinder" Lightweight Wheels (with anodized finish)

And don’t forget the “Racing” in SRT, as they added these race-inspired parts as well:

- Titanium Valves and Connecting Rods
- Cast Litex Pistons and Lightened Crankshaft
- High Flow Intake Manifold with Polished Upper
- Carbon Fiber Coil Covers and Crinkle Black Valve Covers
- Adapted Dodge Viper Competition Coupe Rear Wing and Front Splitter
- Michelin Racing Slicks, 18" in front and 19" in back
- 6 point racing restraints
- Viper "Driver's Stripe" paint scheme

The results? Well besides one of the most stunning Vipers ever to greet the public, it also satisfies the Viper faithful. With a few Mopar Performance parts and some additional internal engine tweaks the car makes an incredible 675 horsepower, with the torque climbing even more – from the impressive stock 2008 number of 560 ft lbs to a mind-boggling 650 ft lbs. You would be hard-pressed to find another exotic from any continent making those kind of numbers.

Will these modifications ever make it to a production car? SRT will not comment on future product. But if what is shown here can be done by visiting your local Mopar parts counter, we already like what we see. Blue Devil shmevil!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told at a recent VCA meet by a very senior VCA official that an announcement is eminent (around 2 weeks) about a special version of the 2008. Details were not released. This is fact not rumor.

My personal speculation is something called the Competition Package aka ACR. It was on the Canadian website before it got pulled.
Um, we plan to announce the next raffle car as soon as this Friday (shhhh, it's our little secret). Maybe that is what you are thinking or this "senior official" was referring. The only major auto shows I know of are LA (next week) and Miami (no idea). And the press release you listed is the OLD concept car from NAIAS last January in Detroit. And I can tell you for absolute fact that car is not being produced to my knowledge.

OP
OP
Vipermann

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The only major auto shows I know of are LA (next week) and Miami (no idea)...

You are mistaken sir.

The San Antonio, TX International Auto Show starts this weekend. It will surely be full of new introductions and news ... In fact, I think it was just last year that we had the PT Cruiser concept on display ...

:rolaugh:

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$225k for a vette is crazy!! Remember the expensive Callaway and ZR1 models....they were a lot of money for an extra 100hp.....heck, for $225k you can buy a Hennessey TT Viper with 1000-1200 hp and beat everything out there to 200 mph (including the Bugatti Veyron). Even if the vette is down at 3166 lbs and shy of 700 hp, it won't eclipse a stock weight Viper at 1000-1200 hp (unless of course the tester of the Viper got his/her license the day before testing and can only drive automatic trannys).

Here's hoping for an '09 ACR at the $10k premium over the stock Viper and carrying those extra speed parts that are optional now on the '08 Viper, plus the new ground effects kit I read so much about here.

Regards,
Aaron

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$225k for a vette is crazy!! Remember the expensive Callaway and ZR1 models....they were a lot of money for an extra 100hp.....heck, for $225k you can buy a Hennessey TT Viper with 1000-1200 hp and beat everything out there to 200 mph (including the Bugatti Veyron). Even if the vette is down at 3166 lbs and shy of 700 hp, it won't eclipse a stock weight Viper at 1000-1200 hp (unless of course the tester of the Viper got his/her license the day before testing and can only drive automatic trannys).
Here's hoping for an '09 ACR at the $10k premium over the stock Viper and carrying those extra speed parts that are optional now on the '08 Viper, plus the new ground effects kit I read so much about here.
Regards,
Aaron

Agreed--sure that new Vette LOOKS nice, but $225K??? NO WAYYYYY~~as you said, Aaron, can mod your Viper for MUCH less than that WITH the price of the Viper included, and it'll spank MOST cars out there. Also hoping for ACR package. ~juli

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth