Speed Sensor, Florida Red #91 Bitten, RT-10 Back Window

vvvviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I went into Accardi Dodge on Friday (formerly Pompano Beach Dodge) to get my speedo looked at. (I posted a message here last week that the needle would flick up to 120mph for no reason....at idle) Was not the battery, but infact the speed sensor which according to parts dept is on "national backorder" and could a few weeks.

I took a stroll over to the workshop and first thing I see walking down the corridor a huge tail on the back end of a red GTS. The hood was down but this was a Gen 2 car obviously set up for racing. Plenty of badges and decals including a white circled number 91 on the doors, GTO decals etc. Just wondering who's beauty this is, and where it's proud owner may be. Tag was "Bitten."

On an unrelated "rear window issue," the lower rubber seal on my RT-10 was cracking and really on the way out. I figured this was one of those "trim problems" that I better take care of now (under factory warranty) as they probably wouldn't touch it on the extended. - They did one better for me: Changed the entire "glass" with new seals all the way around. (and it was in stock) Switched out my "old" locks and snap downs and put them into the new window. They're even springing for a new tint job on the back glass. - These folks continue to impress me. Accardi Dodge in Pompano Beach, Florida.

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the speed sensor part # 4848214 shows in stock at a few chrysler part depots.Your dealer should be able to have in 3/5 working days.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah, that should be a somewhat generic speed sensor, used on alot of diff. cars. they just put different part numbers on diff. applications. dc is famous for doin' that. That part # says it's for a viper so that's the only # they're lookin' for. If a guy had somebody that could cross part #'s, there are alot of parts that cross over!!!!!!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh, can I have your old back glass? I am on my extended warranty and my seal is gone! Don't suppose they let you keep it? :D