SPLIT DOOR TRIM

1BADBITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My driver door window trim has started to separate or split open. It appears to me as an imperfection/flaw.The material has a slight depression were it is tearing. My car is a 2000 R/T with 23,000 miles. My local Dodge dealer has dogged Chrysler and together they have discounted the Panel from $2,100 to $765. Yes, I have the extended warranty..but wear is not covered. Chrysler will not receive E-mails/pics or phone calls on matters as this.
That is their final offer.
Has anyone had a similar issue ??

47212000_door_trim-med.jpg

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the weatherstripping that runs vertically along the rear edge of the window pull off. It looked like a bunch of rivets broke free. It wasn't covered under my Max Care warranty either and the dealer says they have to replace the entire panel (the one at the back end of the door with the door switch) to repair it. I ended up just using some weatherstrip adhesive to reapply it, that was a heck of alot less money than what the dealer wanted to do.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your Dealer is FULL OF S$$T!! $2100 [******]! :bonker:
Left door panel "Cognac" #QS031UCAM MSRP $1495.00!!
"$765" is $130 below Dealer cost!! Take it, if it is new!!!!

gotV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my 2000 rt did the same with 16k miles. look on ebay you can find one on there from time to time.

02ViperTodd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both of my door panels are split, not quit as long as yours, but for that kind of jack I can ignore it. I've asked around about repair with no luck, all I get is "replace them".