sqeaking clutch

ucfpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just have a couple of questions. (1) when i press in my clutch while the car is turned off, there is a squeaking noise. i dont remember it ever doing that. (2) my left speaker and driver side mirror doesnt work, is it covered in my extended warranty? thanks in advance.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My clutch used to do the same thing in cold weather. Squirt some WD-40 on it. All warranties are different. It depends on how good of a warranty you have and what the dealer finds as the cause for the failures.

OP
OP
U

ucfpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My clutch used to do the same thing in cold weather. Squirt some WD-40 on it. All warranties are different. It depends on how good of a warranty you have and what the dealer finds as the cause for the failures.

the funny thing is... i hear the squeak coming from inside the hood. any ideas? thanks

OP
OP
U

ucfpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm, mine did it anytime I pressed in the clutch (with car on or off). I say try the WD-40 and see if it cures it. Could be your ears playing tricks on you :dunno: Did you check your fuses for the mirror problem?

i didnt even think about the fuse. but wouldnt the passenger mirror also not work if it was a blown fuse? i'll check it anyways. thanks!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just have a couple of questions. (1) when i press in my clutch while the car is turned off, there is a squeaking noise. i dont remember it ever doing that. (2) my left speaker and driver side mirror doesnt work, is it covered in my extended warranty? thanks in advance.

the funny thing is... i hear the squeak coming from inside the hood. any ideas? thanks

Chad is right on lubing the linkage. But if the noise is coming from under the hood it could be the pressure plate or the input shaft splines being dry. Or something like that in the clutch area.

How many miles and what car do you have? Kind of basic useful info when making a post like this.

Also, your door wiring in the jamb could be going bad.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The shaft the pedal attaches to rides in nylon bushings. They get dry and wear through to the metal support. Stick your head under the dash with a flashlight and wiggle - you'll quickly see where the end of the pedal shaft is. The nylon bushing is replaceable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine