Squicky, squacky noise from the rear?

YLW DRM2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, need your help identifying what causing the noise that coming from the rear of the car and drives me nuts.
This noise appeared about a month ago it sounds like a tension squick or even more of a squack :mad:, noise that comes from the rear, possibly right rear site. Interesting thing is that when I take top down the noise disappears, and sometimes even when I put top up it will not appear right away, but with few miles up.
What can it possibly be? I checked the top and could not spot any "loose ends"?
Oh, just in case the car is 2005 SRT10 :).

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, but I just can't get my head around "squicky squacky". I have a clump clump noise from my right rear when I engage the clutch when I am turning right but that's not even close to squicky squacky. :)

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you check for a half dead rodent being wedged up under there somewhere? Maybe a duck if it sounds somewhat like a quack? :D

Did you check for something as simple as something rubbing against weather stripping?

OP
OP
Y

YLW DRM2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you check for a half dead rodent being wedged up under there somewhere? Maybe a duck if it sounds somewhat like a quack? :D
Did you check for something as simple as something rubbing against weather stripping?
The sound is more like plastic rubbing on something, definitely not rubber stripping.

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, need your help identifying what causing the noise that coming from the rear of the car and drives me nuts.
This noise appeared about a month ago it sounds like a tension squick or even more of a squack

You should really let your wife sit up front. That should relieve some tension.

TommyG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry, but I just can't get my head around "squicky squacky". I have a clump clump noise from my right rear when I engage the clutch when I am turning right but that's not even close to squicky squacky. :)

I get the clunk clump noise from time to time at slow speeds in parking lots but from what I hear it is common for most of our cars. Mine is an 04 with moton cs. Put a new rear end in and still there from time to time. Car has been checked out by a mechanic and all ok so I live with it and chaulk it up to what I love about our cars, "the rawness factor".

Sprayed silicone at front upper windscreen area where the vert top fits at driver side and pass side and the squeaks all went away.

V

Venomiss

You mentioned a door adjustment a while back.
Did you get that fixed and did the squeak appear after that?

OP
OP
Y

YLW DRM2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mentioned a door adjustment a while back.
Did you get that fixed and did the squeak appear after that?

Wow you got a great memory :). Yes I did fix the door, adjusted the door latch. The dam noise came much, much later. Also, the door adjustment was on the driver side and the noise is coming more from the passenger side.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery