SRQ/Bradenton help!!!

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my drag radials mounted today and they make an amazing difference but I do have a bit of vibration. The wonder-tech that mounted them tells me as I'm leaving, "yeah, I have to guess on the weights on these big wheels 'cause my machine can't handle 'em." This, after he tells me they do all the highend cars in town and he's the only guy that does them at the shop! Sh!zz!t! Does anybody know someone in the area that can balance these giant wheels?

Thanks,

Chad

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used Sams on SR 70 to mount my BFG's and Pilots, there machine is only 1-2 years old ...ask for Ben he aprox in the late 20's or early 30's. Have them do a static balance weights are put on inside of tire.

Cudaman :usa:

OP
OP
C

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another question, who could do a fluids and belt change for me in the area? Maybe even a gear swap?

Thanks,

Chad

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipermed is in Tampa, Macedo is in Orlando. I think you need to learn how to do your own belt change and tightening. Also, changing to oil is easy. Tranny and rear fluids and/or rear change, get someone else.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Contact Larry Macedo (407.246.6511) 1.5 hours away....but you know it will done right.

Cudaman :usa:

Ranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any shop with a Hunter GSP-9700 Wheel Vibration Control Machine will put a fine balance on the big wheels with BFGs.

My local Goodyear dealer has one and It did a great job on my CCW 12" by 17"s with 315.35.17 BFGs. Balance remains true through 50+ passes and counting on this pair.

You can find a Hunter-equipped shop here by plugging in your zip at the link 1TONY1 posted above.

Ranger

OP
OP
C

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, thanks guys.

Larry, I'll call you tomorrow.

Tony, yes sir, I'll start training immediately. :cool: j/k You're right, I should and will but if I'm going somewhere to get everything else done, it is a couple bucks well spent.

Ranger, is this the Z06 hotshoe Ranger? If so, welcome to the other side.

Ward, I'll check Sams tomorrow.

Thanks everyone.

Chad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang