SRT-10 Coupe - new angle

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
This car has more faces than a polyhedra. Just when I was convinced I didn't like the looks of the SRT Coupe, I see this pic at the Alley:

You must be registered for see images

From that angle, it looks BAD ASS. Lower it 1", paint it black, and remove the Fangs logo from the front (sacrilege, I know, but on that grill it looks incongruous) and the car would look awesome. It's just some of the other angles that need work.

They are on the right track, it just needs a few tweaks.

OP
OP
D

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Blue w/ white stripes is my second favorite color option. I think black best shows the lines of the car. If I ever get a non-black Viper, it would be blue w/ white stripes :2tu:

(I also like the Bumblebee GTS)

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
still needs some help. One would think after all the planning and input it would have turned out better.

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep, that' the best angle, and it looks great. I do like the roof scoop though,and think it can be functional. But the sides and rear need work, like the side windows need to angle up in the rear. Just too boxy looking. Make the back longer(and give us more HP for the extra weight, don't worry about Europe). I will applaud them if they take our idea's into consideration. After all we are the one's buying most of them that they make.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't stand those stripes getting so wide at the back. Yuck!

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the stripes, but is it possible for someone with some Photoshop skills to mock up a version without the stripes for those who don't like them?

S

SUN RA KAT

I can't stand those stripes getting so wide at the back. Yuck!

Either can my girlfriend. She doesn't even like bumblebee Vipers - she wants me to keep mine solid Yellow (which I planned to do long before I met her).

Why didn't they just do 2 parallel stripes like the original GTS?

Great shade of blue, though.

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks a lot better, but I can still see some of the "angular front, curvy back" problem. Just a lot less because the back isn't visible, only the roof.

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can find a huge 2mb version on the Alley; I was about 40 yards away sitting on a chair to keep my gear steady enough to shoot in that low light. Its one of my favorite shots.

Keep an eye on this weeks AutoWeek; they are using a shot I took and giving me credits in the News section - they called the next morning after I made the "Coupe Scoop" photos from my cell phone on the Alley!

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coupe/SRT - you have to try hard to find an angle to make it look great.

GTS/RT10 - you have to try hard to find an angle where it doesn't look great.

I think one of the worst things to say about a design is, "it will grow on you". A great design doesn't have to grow on you. That should be left for cars like the new Nissan Z, the RX-8, etc... Not, the mighty viper.

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coupe/SRT - you have to try hard to find an angle to make it look great.

GTS/RT10 - you have to try hard to find an angle where it doesn't look great.

I think one of the worst things to say about a design is, "it will grow on you". A great design doesn't have to grow on you. That should be left for cars like the new Nissan Z, the RX-8, etc... Not, the mighty viper.

I think lots of people don't like to admit it, but what you are saying is entirely true. For example, When I saw my first Lamborghini Diablo it didn't have to grow on me, I was immediately hooked and awestruck. While not a bad car at all, I can't say that for the SRT-10.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks more refined from this angle. But that's expected because it's the same as the SRT convertible. It's the inconsistency from the front to the back that's the problem.