Reaction score
Given all the choices for a 04' SRT Viper,

B&B 1-5/8, $1695
B&B 1-3/4, $1895
B&B 1-5/8 -> 1-3/4 stepped, $3500
Borla 1-1/2 -> 1-5/8 stepped, $1398
Belanger, $????
others ???

What have been your experiences with quality, fit, etc. I'll be installing a Paxton or Roe (my preference if it is available) later this summer. Lookign for opinions on headers before I drop the cash.. there certainly are a number of options and HUGE price differences...

TIA

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Love the Belanger headers and exhaust... call the Belanger brothers, and get them to discuss the differences between their headers and others on the market. They are good guys and do it without bashing the competition.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the B&B 1-5/8 TO 1-3/4 headers , they are great, and you can buy them for less from parts rack. STAINLESS STEEL

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Call West Coast Viper and talk to John Horton. He can sell and install any of them. I did, and ended up spending the extra $$$ on the B & B stepped headers. 8500 miles later and no issues.

What ever headers you get, you should get them coated inside and out. I did and boy does it help with the heat. You can't burn yourself on my side sills and I have cross overs.

Dan

kaval

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do you lose power by keeping crossovers on?

What if you increase the diameter?

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the Belanger headers and exhaust... call the Belanger brothers, and get them to discuss the differences between their headers and others on the market. They are good guys and do it without bashing the competition.

Ditto...

My car (mit Belangers) puts out over 700rwhp. The headers will definitely help you net more out of your blower. But just be aware, if you go with the Paxton, the Splitsecond's AFR is mapped for a stock Viper and the headers will throw the whole thing off and require some good dyno tuning. I had to go with larger (42lb) fuel injectors in my car, because the stock injectors couldn't get enough fuel to the motor around 3K rpm.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
But just be aware, if you go with the Paxton, the Splitsecond's AFR is mapped for a stock Viper and the headers will throw the whole thing off and require some good dyno tuning. I had to go with larger (42lb) fuel injectors in my car, because the stock injectors couldn't get enough fuel to the motor around 3K rpm.
Great point, I added ROE'S VEC2 and bigger pumps to solve the problem...

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey kaval,

The stock crossovers will cost you about 15 rwhp normally aspirated. I tested this (for noise reasons) and ended up going with B & B's three inch system with crossovers. I picked the 15 back up, so yes, increasing the diameter will help a bunch.

Hey Armor God,

West Coast Viper can remap your stock computer, no new injectors required and I'm over 700 rwhp too. Air fuel is now a constant 13:1. Car runs great and still gets reasonable mileage, 13 all around and 18 freeway with 3.55's, if you keep your foot under control. :2tu:

kaval

Viper Owner
Reaction score
viper x.

I too worry about the decibles eminating from just under my ear. So I've

been waiting to purchase the "perfect" setup and avoid a costly mistake.

Thanks for your input. I was wondering if belanger makes 3 inch crossovers?

That way I can 1 stop shop. I wish I could hear a belanger system on an SRT

before I buy.

kaval

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1 more question.

If you lose the cats... install high flow cats... nix the crossovers...

install corsa track exhaust... Can you pick up any power??? :confused:

thanks.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"If you lose the cats... install high flow cats... nix the crossovers...

install corsa track exhaust... Can you pick up any power"
About 23 rwhp

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Armor God,

West Coast Viper can remap your stock computer, no new injectors required and I'm over 700 rwhp too. Air fuel is now a constant 13:1. Car runs great and still gets reasonable mileage, 13 all around and 18 freeway with 3.55's, if you keep your foot under control. :2tu:

Thanks for the info X, but it won't solve my problem. My tuner has reprogrammed the Splitsecond so that the max amount of fuel is being delivered at 3K rpm, and the engine is still running too lean. The stock injector are up to 110psi, so they are just being pushed too hard (on a stock engine, I'm told they run around 40psi). I must go to larger injectors IOT allow enough fuel to get to the engine.

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Kaval,

You will pick up power, as DSR207 says, but you will also make "children run in fear" of the increased volume. This is one of the many mistakes I made when trying to get the right exhaust combo. I probably lost 10 years of my hearing, which I can't afford.

Hey Armor God, something sounds wrong. I have stage three heads (as big as they get for flow, valve size, etc.), B&B step headers, high flow mufflers, 3-inch pipes, no cats and a Paxton. West Coast was able to tune my car perfectly (an very conservatively) with changing the injectors. I made 729 rwhp on brand new heads without the valves being seated and had an air fuel ratio of 13:1. You or your tuner should do some more homework. I would hate to see you damage or blow up your engine. Call John at West Coast Viper on this at 951-676-1204.

Good luck,

Dan

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96