SRT-10 in St. Maarten

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having a drink at the Sunset Bar in St. Maarten, look over my shoulder and see a red SRT-10!! My wife and I played guess who owned the viper....she won. Some locals were looking at it and the owner proudly opened the hood and cockpit for them. I went over but between his poor english and my nonexistent french, we were not able to communicate much. With such poor roads over here, I can't even think about driving it here. Every car has bumper scrapes. Not to mention only one road that you might be able to get to 100 on...that is if a goat or cow doesn't wonder out in front of you. Oh well, miss mine and can't wait to get back and drive it next week! Dave

SNAKOIL VA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree on the St. Maarten roads. They are horrible. we rented a ****** and it was bottoming out everywhere. The goats and chickens do add an element of suprise.

Did you lay down on the beach when the jumbo jet landed? (Air France?) Our towels got moved and we got blasted with sand. It was so cool.

The food was great, but I doubt I'll head back to St. Maarten for a while.

OP
OP
L

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We stayed on the French side of the island and loved it (our second trip). We didn't lay on the beach when the planes came over, just sat at the bar. I just can't imagine taking my car on those roads. Oh well..