SRT-10 pictures-How do I post..

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the pictures of my Viper? I was able to upload some of them to my gallery. Can someone explain how to insert the pictures into a post or direct me to the area I can read about it myself.

Thank you,
Larry

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is one HUGE rollbar!! :eek:

9788Roll_Bar_-_Moniak_005-med.jpg

9788P9190077-med.JPG

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First, here is the message board tutorial (read "How do I add an image to my message?"):

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/faq_english.php?Cat=#image

Then go to your gallery and open one of your pictures. Right click the picture and then select "properties". This will show you the actual "address" of your picture on the server, like this:

http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/9788P9190077-med.JPG

Then just insert that address into your image tags (click the yellow "Image" hypertext under "Instant UBB Code" while you are writing your post). You then end up with this:

9788P9190077-med.JPG

The one word of caution I would offer is that do not use your larger pictures: They look great, but are so big that it makes everybody have to scroll their monitor display to see a little bit at time. And also plays hell with the text - which also extends to the width of the picture.

Welcome aboard, and GORGEOUS car!

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry you have to take a 30 day training course I think.

Where did all these guys learn this?

I almost had it down pat, and forgot it all the next day. I gave up.

OP
OP
R

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you all for your comments and directions. Will have more pictures soon.

Austin -

Dan Cragin with DC Performance had this installed for me. I really like it myself, your comment is taken in the spirit it was sent, as an honest opinion differing from my own, thank you. It will fit under the soft top and under an aftermarket hardtop. It will also pass tech at NHRA sanctioned events and the Silver State races, where I plan to attend next year with my son and his outlaw class cars (NHRA not Silver State).

If it is too HUGE let me assure you it is not huge enough for my wife or son. I turned 60 yesterday and they seem to want me around for a while longer. I stopped riding bikes 6 months ago; HD, Choppers, Hyabusa being sold tomorrow; and as long as it has four wheels, I can get anything I like and can afford. Fortunately for me this includes Ferraris, Lambos and even a Veyron if that's what I want, getting on the list to buy at MSRP-well that's another story. I only plan to race "this Viper", not anything else, all my other cars are drivers. So for me to provide peace of mind to the family; I think the rollbar is bitchin', Dan did a terrific job.

Next Dan is lowering it, using KW's, installing Corsa Tracks and Random Techs, installing an aluminum flywheel, skip shift eliminator, modified shifter, chin guard, shift light, Air/fuel wideband monitor by AEM and idiot light for racing probably using a second shift light, and Paxton SC. All the parts selected for installation were chosen by both Dan Cragin and JonB at Partsrack. Jon and Dan are, in my opinion, some of the best guys I have ever worked with on one of my auto or bike related projects. You cannot go wrong giving them your business...enough with the advertising.....

When the motor does crater, the rebuild is going to be *****. Note bitchin' and ***** are old guys language for sick, ???

Larry :2tu:

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you all for your comments and directions. Will have more pictures soon.

Austin -

Dan Cragin with DC Performance had this installed for me. I really like it myself, your comment is taken in the spirit it was sent, as an honest opinion differing from my own, thank you. It will fit under the soft top and under an aftermarket hardtop. It will also pass tech at NHRA sanctioned events and the Silver State races, where I plan to attend next year with my son and his outlaw class cars (NHRA not Silver State).

If it is too HUGE let me assure you it is not huge enough for my wife or son. I turned 60 yesterday and they seem to want me around for a while longer. I stopped riding bikes 6 months ago; HD, Choppers, Hyabusa being sold tomorrow; and as long as it has four wheels, I can get anything I like and can afford. Fortunately for me this includes Ferraris, Lambos and even a Veyron if that's what I want, getting on the list to buy at MSRP-well that's another story. I only plan to race "this Viper", not anything else, all my other cars are drivers. So for me to provide peace of mind to the family; I think the rollbar is bitchin', Dan did a terrific job.

Next Dan is lowering it, using KW's, installing Corsa Tracks and Random Techs, installing an aluminum flywheel, skip shift eliminator, modified shifter, chin guard, shift light, Air/fuel wideband monitor by AEM and idiot light for racing probably using a second shift light, and Paxton SC. All the parts selected for installation were chosen by both Dan Cragin and JonB at Partsrack. Jon and Dan are, in my opinion, some of the best guys I have ever worked with on one of my auto or bike related projects. You cannot go wrong giving them your business...enough with the advertising.....

When the motor does crater, the rebuild is going to be *****. Note bitchin' and ***** are old guys language for sick, ???

Larry :2tu:

I really hope that you didnt take my comment as being rude. I, in NO WAY meant for it to come across that way. I've just never seen a rollbar in a Viper that large.

BTW, your SRT looks great. :cool:

OP
OP
R

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really hope that you didnt take my comment as being rude. I, in NO WAY meant for it to come across that way. I've just never seen a rollbar in a Viper that large.

BTW, your SRT looks great.

I swear I never took it as rude. I believe it was an honest observation. I hope my reply didn't come off as rude, arrogant, or too defensive. I was attempting to inject some humor and honesty myself.

Thank you for the BTW. :cool:

DavidSB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Larry,
I've got one of Dan's roll bars in my car and noticed that you mentioned that it will fit under a hard top. I was going to try to find someone with a top I could try on just to make sure if fit before ordering a top. Have you actually tried one on to make sure it will fit?
BTW, my roll bar passed the Silver State Tech and with proper clothing they teched me for 165MPH last September. Every Viper owner should take a look at the decorative, lawn-furniture quality aluminum, roll hoops and they'll understand that the warning sticker on the door jamb is not kidding. First upgrade $$'s should go to a roll bar! Its a shame that a car with Viper performance doesn't come with any roll over protection.
David

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Larry,
I've got one of Dan's roll bars in my car and noticed that you mentioned that it will fit under a hard top. I was going to try to find someone with a top I could try on just to make sure if fit before ordering a top. Have you actually tried one on to make sure it will fit?
BTW, my roll bar passed the Silver State Tech and with proper clothing they teched me for 165MPH last September. Every Viper owner should take a look at the decorative, lawn-furniture quality aluminum, roll hoops and they'll understand that the warning sticker on the door jamb is not kidding. First upgrade $$'s should go to a roll bar! Its a shame that a car with Viper performance doesn't come with any roll over protection.
David

Amen! - I will be doing a rollbar this winter.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
..... All the parts selected for installation were chosen by both Dan Cragin and JonB at Partsrack. Jon and Dan are, in my opinion, some of the best guys I have ever worked with on one of my auto or bike related projects. You cannot go wrong giving them your business...enough with the advertising.....

Dan and I thought a LOT of your comments....not the least bit rude..

THANKS !