SRT-10 Rear Diffuser Blades on GTS (Pics)

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice install......Do they help at all to slow down the deposit of exhaust, road and brake dust from laying on your tail??

For the diffuser to be really functional, the flat plane above the blades must be the most rearward projection on the car. Obviously just putting the SRT blades on the underside of the Gen 2 does not do that hence they are more poser than functional. But I will agree that they do look good.

If you look at the Autoform rear diffusers and the one I designed and built they do project as described above. Mine goes just 1" past the rearward edge of the rear bumper cover and effectively reduces a collection of leaves and grass to just a nice coating of dust like the rest of the car gets. I would guess that the SRT blades alone do nothing in that regard.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slow down or eliminate?

It helps to slow down the dust. It does not eliminate it.

There is no doubt that the diffuser Dave666 is describing works much better in the technical sense of what the rear diffuser is used for.

However, I found that I as much as I scrape the front splitter on curbs etc..., I didn't want to double the problem by creating a second clearance problem in the rear....
Plus this thing is huge for the street...IMO

Besides, splitters and diffusers only work at high rates ofspeed.

Speeds that are well over the legal speed limit... :dunno:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Besides, splitters and diffusers only work at high rates ofspeed.

Speeds that are well over the legal speed limit... :dunno:

I used to have leaves and grass in the license plate area by the time I'm 2 houses away from casa Dave. And I crawl out of my neighborhood. Now I do not have that. So having had no rear diffuser and now one that tinkers with the full design attributes, I will argue that they are effective for at lest organic debris control at very low speeds ;)

As far as clearance goes, my front splitter gets clearanced pretty frequently, and a subsequent repaint every now and then too. I've never hit my diffuser on anything. Ever. :2tu:

As I pointed out I think the SRT blades are a nice looker mod. I'm just reporting some of my technical findings from personal experience with diffusers.