SRT-10 Statistics

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The published numbers are 500hp 505 torque I think and those wont
change. I think when the car comes out it will be somewhat underated and the actual numbers could be as high as 520hp, but
that's just my guess. I also think with some minor mods like
headers and cat back exhuast upgrades the car could be putting down 530 - 550 hp. Remember, it's all percentages, so if you can
pick up 10% with exhaust mods (I don't know that you will) you could pick up 50hp.

Regards,

2charmed

viperweb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's something from the press release I got:

The Viper V-10 engine retains the basic architecture of its predecessor, but otherwise it is virtually all new -- and more powerful than ever. A new bored and stroked engine block increases the Viper's displacement from 488 to 505 cu. in. and sends its power output to 500, with 525 lb.-ft. of torque -- 90 percent of which is delivered between 1500 and 5600 rpm.

Also,

Performance targets for the 2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10 include a 0-60 mph time of less than four seconds, an estimated top speed of 190 mph, 60-0 mph braking in less than 100 feet, 0-100-0 mph in about 13 seconds, and 1.15g lateral acceleration.

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
MarkO;

Does your wife look like Jane Hathaway? Hmmmm.... Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark!

Your negativity is absolutely as insulting as my post.

Please go somewhere else, drive your GTS or whatever you have. Just go away and stop making an arrogant @$%#^& of yourself.

Most of us here look forward to our SRT's. Glad you won't have one!

jim

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please don't ask MarkO to DRIVE his GTS... don't you remember the last time he got it over 3,000RPM he pooped his pants and had to clean the seats with bleach?

MarkO's Viper is STRICTLY for posing - I would ask you to refrain from any further ridiculous statements of what ol' Otis should do. Geez, next you'll be telling the pope to say a prayer or something!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

otis, I think you're the last holdout... when I smoke you with my ugly horrendous monstrosity of an SRT, and attract more chicks at the beach, will you finally bow to the superior machine, or will it take more?
smile.gif

Just teasing you!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark,

Any beach is fine - except Revere beach.... only because at Revere, it would be questionable whether it was really women we'd be picking up
laugh.gif

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
13 second 0/100/0 times will beat just about every car on the planet, on this or the other side of the Atlantic.

If they hit 13.0x, Viper is going to drop quite a few jaws, especially Italian ones.

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
MarkO;

Hitting a home run with Jane Hathaway wouldn't really be swingin' the bat. Maybe thats a home run in your part of the world.

Dang, your gonna want a Stratamaro. I can see it after you read the reviews.

All in jest, as always.

Jim

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by toddt:
13 second 0/100/0 times will beat just about every car on the planet, on this or the other side of the Atlantic.

If they hit 13.0x, Viper is going to drop quite a few jaws, especially Italian ones.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was cleaning out my garage a bit today and found the August '96 Road and Track- it's their big 0-100-0 edition. In it they have the Porsche 911 turbo making it in 14 seconds flat. The GTS did it in 15 flat without ABS! So the 13 second target is impressive, but some cars were just about doing it 7 years ago! We need a 12.3 so it beats the "record" put down by Ken Miles in 1965 with a 427 Cobra! C'mon Dodge
smile.gif

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSunburn:
The GTS did it in 15 flat without ABS!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the ACR did it in 14.37 in november motor trend.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456