SRT ACR at SEMA

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
That's a start worth talking about :2tu:

Dodge Viper SRT-10 Carbon:

Measurable weight savings - it weighs approximately 150 lbs. less than the production Viper SRT-10 -

625 horsepower --

as well as a high-tech suspension featuring compression and rebound tunable shocks with adjustable ride height, titanium high-rate springs and high-rate anti-roll bars. The Viper Competition Coupe race car parts bin provides a high torque bias racing limited-slip differential, differential oil cooler, racing seats and competition harnesses. (Information provided by Chrysler)

Side note: I see M\T got a modified n/a SRT-10 to run 3 seconds flat :ooo: 0-to-60 and 10.7 seconds in the 1320. On the STOCK Michelin Run Flat Tires :eek: . “The quickest stock-tired vehicle we’ve tested” . Including the AWD supercars. The SRT-10 Carbon, with less weight and its power can’t be too far off that.

It’s not just the brakes that grip, the car as a unit has some big-time byte.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It'll probably be two years before we see the coupe. I hope I'm really wrong. By the way, with the HP increase and the weight decrease, it's all over the Enzo and Carrera GT. Ford and Chevy? BWAHHHAHHHAHAHAHA

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure it may not be a CC, but how can anyone complain about
...Dodge Viper SRT-10 Carbon is...street-legal...625 horsepower
?

Could be the race is over before the C6 and Ford GT even get out of the barn.

The car's presence poses another interesting question: will the CC get similar mods?

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's hope they are doing all this work to a SRT-10 and really planning it for the Coupe that Chrysler doesn't want us to know about!
625hp Coupe, that looks like the GTS-R! That's what I want to see!

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The most important point is if DCX will offer a lighter, 600HP+ version for the street.

If it has real rollbars, and a hardtop too it could easily be sold as the ACR version of the SRT-10 Viper, and keep the edge over the C6 Corvette, Ford GT, and all of the sub-$300K European supercars.

The only potential problem would be wondering if Daimler would allow a 625HP, 3200lb, sub-$100K Viper to be built when it will no doubt be directly compared to the 612HP, 3500lb, $350K Mercedes "McLaren" SLR flagship.

-Dean.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's hope they are doing all this work to a SRT-10 and really planning it for the Coupe that Chrysler doesn't want us to know about!
625hp Coupe, that looks like the GTS-R! That's what I want to see!

Bingo! I can't imagine Dodge would leave us hanging..... The demand is just too large, and with the Comp. Coupe/GTS-R they have already established the styling. But the wait is KILLING everyone. Hurry up already, would ya!

P.S. - ANY CHANCE OF VIPER COUPE IN DETROIT THIS YEAR?

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
625HP?! And a race legal hardtop, and a couple hundred pounds less, AND I can drive it on the street?! If they bring this thing on....I mean this is Enzo performance, Saleen performance territory, and we all know how the SRT can handle and stop. Make it the stock SRT model for no additional cost and I would be in. This cat would be a low 3 second 0-60 car with probably a 10 something 1/4 mile. At that point if I can drive it on the street also.....do the numbers the comp. coupe is what 525hp? What does it weigh? Only problem is please don't paint it like a Cobra.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Make it the stock SRT model for no additional cost and I would be in."

:2tu: (but unlikely)

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee,

The Comp. coupe is a bit lighter, at 2950. But I doubt a street legal version would come in at this weight, but if it did - all the better. Also, something tells me that 525 HP rating is padded - in the opposite direction. I would bet 575 HP is more likely, especially since most stock SRT10 are put 450 HP (ballpark) to the wheels. Do the standard 15% conversion, and that's 530 HP at the motor.

I think most people are happy with the performance of the standard SRT10, although this would take it to another level. More is better, right? THE PROBLEM IS THE STYLING. That is the reason most of us are crying like little beeeaaatttttccchhhhes for a street legal coupe. It just looks so much meaner! So much more Viper like.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
V-10 engine -- with individual runners, cowl induction, a 10 throttle body intake with aluminum velocity stacks

This is what Every V-10 Needs to be complete... Lets go!

Did this style intake come on the 98 GTSR ?

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Gawd that car looks AWFUL!!! :(

The CF liner ahead of the engine is really neat though - surely there to channel hot air up and out of the forward-relocated hood louvers after passing the heat exchangers. That, and the splitter, most likely help front downforce a lot.

The SRT is such a mechanically fabulous machine. It's a cryin' shame the body styling is so lackluster.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey HONEY, is that the new VIPER you were telling me so much about? No Dear... thats a HONDA

407s2000.JPG

You must be registered for see images

Hey HONEY, is that the new VIPER you were telling me so much about? No Dear... thats a HONDA

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I posted this in the genIII forum as well. I took lots of detailed photos of the car, and I actually thought it looked pretty good in person.

www.fast-autos.net/carbonsrt10/index.html

Great pics!
I wish I could say the same about the car!
Great #'s!

DC would have to be totally blind to their specialty market if they don't come out with a street version of the CC.

I think they will, they're just going to teasing us for the next year or so!

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
street coupe WILL be here before you know it.........if you can wait a year. :headbang:

DJ WHAT ARE YOU SAYING HERE!? SPILL IT!
I have been saving my $$$$$ for the new coupe. I will just have to drive this old, slow 95 until then. ;)

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love it!!!

It will do until the GTS3 - thank you

625hp and 3100lb with 10 throttle body setup begging for twin tubos...mmmmm :D :2tu:

shape of things to come - great stuff

S

sachin

I didnt see any mention of upgraded headers or exhaust or cam? Hmmm with those aditions be up around 700hp :laugh: I like the styling somewhat, they need to have it lower down and it would make a world of difference. Also get it out on the streets and take some pics and it'll look a lot better than it does in a big industrial setting

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The finny thing is most of you guys didnt even notice The black photo is a honda s2000

LOL

fluffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The finny thing is most of you guys didnt even notice The black photo is a honda s2000

Yes we did. It's just such an old and tired joke that nobody paid much attention.

viperrwk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Measurable weight savings - it weighs approximately 150 lbs. less than the production Viper SRT-10"

Does anyone know if this is with or without the roof?

BTW here's the link to the press release for all DC products at the SEMA show:

viperrwk

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I for one, wouldn't be buying a coupe if they did/do make one, because I prefer convertibles much more.

My only question is will this car be released in factory-production, street-legal form soon?

With 625HP and 3200lbs it has a similar power-to-weight ratio as the $660K Ferrari Enzo and $425K Porsche Carrera GT. And that is remarkable, especially for a convertible. And the addition of a factory hardtop and rollbar would make this truly race-worthy, and a competitive ACR model.

Plus if DCX was able to squeeze the 625HP and some weight savings into an ACR version of the SRT-10 Viper AND keep the price under $100K, it would leave behind the C6 Corvette, and Ford GT, as well as the pricey Lambo Murcielago, Porsche GT2, and Ferrari 360 Stradale.:D

-Dean.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also liked the lines of this roof. It keeps the overall SRT appearance (i.e. doesn't make an attempt to look like a CC or GTS) and to me has much cleaner lines than the Autoform top. The disadvantage is that it requires removal of the soft top as it uses the same mountings. But it ends up being more sturdy (hopefully meeting track requirements as well), blends much more smoothly into the windshield and seems proportional. If it is priced right I will get one - primarily for winter weather (like now :( ) and track events.

Need the confirmation that it is okay for use on the track though. So Mopar, what's the price and availability? Don't keep us in suspense.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang