SRT All-Access in San Diego

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A big thanks to SRT for inviting us over for your All-Access event at Petco park.

SRT arrived in two huge car haulers with 6 impressive Gen V Vipers.

Each Viper was set up in a different way. They ranged from a top of the line GTS with beautiful Laguna Leather. It felt like sitting in a well appointed baseball glove. Supple leather with beautiful stitching. The also had a base SRT with fabric seats, that impressed in their own way. Nobody would feel the least bit deprived to order the base seats. They are that good.

We were able to drive the cars around a city circuit that included low speed city streets, medium speed boulevards and even a sprint down the freeway. This gave us a chance to drive the cars in typical street environments. We could experience the smooth clutch, the shorter throw shifters, the controlled ride and experience the new more agressive exhaust and quieter interiors.

We had experienced race drivers along for the ride so we did not get lost, and they had radio's for car to car communications. These were not racing events, but the chance to drive the new cars in a normal urban environment.

They did a quick walk around the car, pointing out some of the race car technology that has trickled down into the street cars. Showed off the carbon fiber body panels, the new electronics, and the fresh interiors.

Almost all the people there were club members, so we had some fun and joked among ourselves while waiting for the cars to come around. We were allowed to pick out the models we wanted to drive, and there was plenty of time to go more than once.

They had some tents set up with comfy sofa seats. Tasty sandwich raps, soda, water, fresh coffee, and some super hot coca.

This was not an event for the racers, but a nice, low pressure way to experience the cars and have experienced people to point out all the new features and get you comfortable in the car.

Most everybody liked the electrically operated adjustable seats. Allowed the taller guys to fit in and the shorter guys to not feel like they were sitting in a hole.

Jim Lezotte, the Program Manager was also there, and speaking to people as they got out of the cars to see what they liked, and areas they wanted to improve. He told me his personal list of some items he would like to improve on in future cars. If he gets his wishes…we all get ours too.

Nice people those SRT guys and girls. They were working hard to show everybody a good time, and it was appreciated.

They will be doing this again in a couple days in Anaheim near the Angel Stadium. If you want to go, contact [email protected] to see if they have any openings.s not an event for the racers, but a nice, low pressure way to experience the cars and have experienced people to point out all the new features and get you comfortable in the car.

Most everybody liked the electrically operated adjustable seats. Allowed the taller guys to fit in and the shorter guys to not feel like they were sitting in a hole.

Jim Lezotte, the Program Manager was also there, and speaking to people as they got out of the cars to see what they liked, and areas they wanted to improve. He told me his personal list of some items he would like to improve on in future cars. If he gets his wishes…we all get ours too.

Nice people those SRT guys and girls. They were working hard to show everybody a good time, and it was appreciated.

They will be doing this again on the 12th. in Anaheim near the Angel Stadium. If you want to go, contact [email protected] to see if they have any openings.

Endeka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This needs to come to the Philly Area... after the 4 inches of snow melts.

v10viperbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously this happened. I have been at the dealers lately trying to get a TA order let alone see a Gen V moving and in the flash and not a single email from them

OP
OP
P

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should still be able to get into the next event in Anaheim on the 12th. Follow the link in the original post or call 248 553 2458.

This event really gives you a pretty good idea of how the different models will suit your needs.

To check out the TA suspension, closest you might find is driving the GTS model, but with the shocks turned up to Race. Then think just a bit stiffer.

Also believe you can get a TA from Motor Village LA. Ask for Mike Bell.

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Paul for your very informative post (as usual). I love reading your posts! Cathy and I are on the waiting list for Thursday but unfortunately I don't think we made the cut. Our Email said we will be one of the first for the next All- Access next year.

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should still be able to get into the next event in Anaheim on the 12th. Follow the link in the original post or call 248 553 2458.

To check out the TA suspension, closest you might find is driving the GTS model, but with the shocks turned up to Race. Then think just a bit stiffer.

Thanks for the feedback! I gather there was a T/A there and you drove it? This is the first comparison I've seen discussing the T/A ride quality. I don't know how stiff Race feels in a GTS on the street, but perhaps you could describe how it and the T/A felt in this urban setting. Or more specifically...just how much heat is the wife going to give me for buying a T/A when she wants to drive it the very odd time? Or maybe I should ask if she'll ever want to drive it...or even drive in it :omg:

Bruce

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry I had to miss the event. I was at my office, and a very important business matter came up. (A good matter)
By the time I got off my call, it was after sunset. I would have just caught the last 20 miunutes...

If anybody in Orange County wants to sit in one, I think Huntington Beach Dodge has a couple they will let you sit in at least. I didn't ask them to drive it, but you might inquire yourself.

Sandwich wraps? Dayum! Missed the free food, too!