SRT Factory Amplifier - Who knows the answer?

viperfuntime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I need to connect an after market amp to the accessory lead or switched 12 volt source (REM) just prior to the amplifier plug in location under the passenger seat, which wire is it specifically I should be connecting to out of the harness?

I don't want to replace the head unit so I was wondering if anybody has this information or can share the wiring diagram for the factory amp anywhere that denotes all wires and what they are for?

I saw a post on the RT/10 but nothing for an SRT.

Thanks in advance....

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know its not the conclusive answer you're looking for but you could find it with a 12 volt test light(sharp end)

I suggest turn on the stereo yet leave the volume down, poke each wire till the light illuminates, then double check by turning the stereo off and on a couple of times.

I know for sure there is a remote wire to the amp, because when I put an aftermarket deck in, I didn't hook the remote-out up in the wiring kit(thought I didn't need it) and got no sound. Had to go back in and hook it up.

OP
OP
V

viperfuntime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoping someone has the wire coloring/descriptions for the SRT amp or I will go get one of the test lights as you suggest. Thanks...

deadman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If I need to connect an after market amp to the accessory lead or switched 12 volt source (REM) just prior to the amplifier plug in location under the passenger seat, which wire is it specifically I should be connecting to out of the harness?

I don't want to replace the head unit so I was wondering if anybody has this information or can share the wiring diagram for the factory amp anywhere that denotes all wires and what they are for?

Thanks in advance....

1. I think it's blue or violet in my 05.

2. to make sure find the pinout for Chrysler/jeep radio

3. look at the corresponding slot at your radio harness and you'll know.

Gary Weeks

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks in advance....

According to the service manual C1-6 is the wire you want but it does not show the pin out on the amp? From the radio it is pin 13 which is the second from the left on the bottom row if your looking at the radio? Hope this helps I will look at the manual for my 08 also:dunno:

Shows to be DG/RD. I guess that means red wire with dark green tracer?

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

viperfuntime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the rear speakers in the Viper? If I want to steal the rear speaker wires before they go into the amp below passenger seat, which wires represent the rear speakers in the harness from radio? Anybody know...

deadman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1. don't be lazy
2. find the pin out for RB1 or chrysler radio
3. Open up the dash, pull out radio and see the wires for yourself. 10 min job.

color codes could have changed based on the model year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery