SRT @ Fontana

VIPER 93

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am going this Friday anyone else going this weekend. Has anyone already done this, what can I expect ?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Our local Viper Club Christmas Party is Saturday night in Laguna Niguel.

Don't know of anyone from our club going to the SRT event - doesn't mean a few of our guys won't go.

On the SRT Experience, if you have not tracked or dragged your car, you should have fun. If you have tracked or dragged your car, it will still be OK, but quite a bit slower and more controlled than anything you'd do on your own.

For me personally, it was much too mild and track time was very limited, like 3 laps at a time doing lead / follow with a big wait in between on the short, interior road course driving a Charger or 300C. The drags were only about 1000 feet, so you really didn't get going very fast.

The timed autocross was run in a smaller car that I didn't fit in very well with a helmet on and the two autocross sessions I got in the Viper with an instructor weren't anything that I hadn't done before.

All in all, most of our guys tell me they had fun and it's nice for Dodge to do this.

Enjoy,

Dan

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've signed up for Sunday but feel the event is probably a little mild for me so I'm hoping I can substitute the wife so she can have some fun and I'll just pay the $50 as a guest to watch.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dan, you know me and I'll be there Saturday, then to the party Saturday night. My free certificate on the '06 runs out at this event

Viper93, as Dan said few different events, autocross is good fun, road course is fun and you can tear their tires up. On the road course take a turn with an instruction in their viper, you'll be amazed at what a pro driver can do. when they first stated 3 years ago it was more fun but over the years they watered it down as people tear up their cars. 1st time I went to fontana you could drag race a viper quad cab, too many people manusal shifting the auto trans (and hitting reverse) ended that. Back then I did the road course in a 6 speed viper truck too, that was a blast! A year later in Vegas they toned it down and in the next 2 years they've toned it down more. They want $500 if you don't have a certificate, it's not worth $500.00

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
LOTS OF FUN...... 5 different modules, with prizes to the best driver in each. (dontaed by a wonderful sponsor) You thrash DODGE'S HARDWARE, not yours! WHAT A COMPANY!!
Prepare to LOVE the SRT-8 JEEP.

and PS 2008 Owners. DODGE WILL PAY YOU a $50 FUEL CARD if they can test your emmissions acouple minutes. PLEASE HELP THEM !?!? You dont have to pay to get in....spectate free, and get a tank of fuel.

http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-s...273-california-2008-vipers-srt-needs-you.html

Last edited:

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm signed up for Sunday. I did this a couple years ago after buying my Copperhead, and for free it was worth the price of admission:D

Not too intense, but as a car guy, anything that has something to do with fast cars is a good time:D

Lat year I had the fastest time around the autocross by a wide margin, but boxed out by about a foot:mad: This year I will be harder on the brakes!

After a professional ridealong in a Grand Cherokee I was so impressed that actually went out and bought one for myself- it's 1 faaast truck!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32