SRT is the perfect track/date car

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is what I love about this car. Sunday I get up at 7:00AM take a shower, get dressed, go to the garage pop the trunk and put my helmet in. I am of to the track. I arrive 30 minutes later, find a slot and park. I open the trunk take out the helmet and any loose stuff in there, then check my tire pressures, now wait for the call to grid. Twenty minutes on the track and 40 minutes wait while the other groups run, a break for lunch and then more racing. From 9 to 5 I spank every car out there, the only competition was from a race set older 911 and an open wheel formula type. 160 mph on the straight before standing on the brakes for a hairpin, man it was a blast. But here, is the best part, after racing all day, pop the trunk put my bag and helmet in and drive home, take another shower and open the passenger door for my wife and we are off on our date. An affaire with two beautiful ladies in one day!!! That’s what I love about my Viper, what other car can you do that with.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey ViperGMC,

Check your air box when you get a chance. I'd like to know if you have any oil in it after tracking your car.

I've been getting some in mine, which is also Paxton equipped. After looking at an 05 SRT-10, I noticed that DC changed the location of the PCV and crankcase breather from the rear of the valve covers to the front. I wonder if they noticed the oil problems under acceleration?

Let me know,

Dan

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey ViperGMC,

Check your air box when you get a chance. I'd like to know if you have any oil in it after tracking your car.

I've been getting some in mine, which is also Paxton equipped. After looking at an 05 SRT-10, I noticed that DC changed the location of the PCV and crankcase breather from the rear of the valve covers to the front. I wonder if they noticed the oil problems under acceleration?

Let me know,

Dan

This thread may interest you:

viper alley.com/showflat.php?Board=general&Number=319787

Looks like I can't post the words Viper alley. try adding a http prefix and closing up the space between viper and alley. It's a post about moroso "puke cans" that catch blow-back oil.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Great post GMC!

This is EXACTLY what the Viper is for!

I am always amazed that you can run the C$%&! out of 'em at Pocono all day, and then grab a cold Pepsi and drive it home at 55 (OK, maybe 60) with absolutely no problems.

Bulletproof!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960