SRT Prices???????????

JohnNad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally have to sell my 04 and thought I'd get at least something in the 60's but what the heck? They are in the low 50's now? I'd like to sell mine and it's a great car with some extra goodies in it but WOW what happened to a viper holding some value? Any feedback? Anyhow, I have mine listed in OC CA priced right, I think, in the classiefied section. Also, you can see it at

http://www.cars.com/go/search/fsbo_search.jsp?affiliateadid=2086453&affiliate=latimes

I have to commute now and it's not a great daily car. Also, I have great financing on it 4.5 fixed for 3 more years at $1567 monthly. I would be interested in transfrring if possible. If all else fails I will just keep it for now.
:hitfan:

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can get a new SRT in the high 60's at the moment, so the previous models are taking a huge hit. Here is the latest Manheim auction and retail prices...as of this week.

Sep 18 - Sep 25 2006

................... Above Average Below Oct 2006 Sep 2007
... Auction $57,100 $53,500 $50,000 $52,800 $48,900
Est. Retail $62,000 $58,300 $54,500 $57,500

The average condition is based on 11,600 miles.

Here are actual sales...at auction wholesale prices:

08/02/06 MILWAUKE Regular $55,000 5,001 Avg SILVER 10G 6 Yes
08/15/06 DAL DLRS Lease $52,750 14,308 Avg RED 10G 6 Yes
08/15/06 FAAO Lease $54,200 2,289 Avg BLACK 10G 6 Yes
08/24/06 MANHEIM Lease $50,500 19,966 Avg RED 10G 6 No
08/31/06 ATLANTA Regular $52,500 14,105 Avg RED 10G 6 Yes
09/14/06 RIVRSIDE Regular $51,500 13,265 Avg RED 10G M Yes

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, I just bought my second Viper, an 03 SRT/10 with 11K miles, not a chip or ding on it, for $48.5K.

I don't think it's a Viper thing, the used car market is just plain brutal - hec the new car market is brutal.

I couldn't believe I could get back into a Viper for under $50K (genIII), but found 3 with under 15K mis pretty easily - talk about bang for the buck. But I know it sux when you're looking to sell - but again I think its this way right now for all cars.

Dave.

N

Nobody

CEPT ALL auction cars are TRASH NO EXCEPTIONS apples to oranges

Manhiem cars are for gypsies and chumps, anyone who uses them as a reference for selling is a sucker or an idiot ....they are an used/trashed auction for two bit ****** fat used car dealers

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Manhiem cars are for gypsies and chumps, anyone who uses them as a reference for selling is a sucker or an idiot ....they are an used/trashed auction for two bit ****** fat used car dealers

You have no clue.lol

90% of the dealers in the USA use the Manhein to determine the trade in or wholesale price of a used car...fact. Ask a dealer what they base the price of a trade in on...next lesson.

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As a previous poster noted, this is just a bad time to be selling cars and a great time to be buying cars.

If you really need to sell now, you will take a hit. If not, keep the car and ride out the current slump. This is simply another cyclical market just like any other market, the pendulum swings and we are on the down stroke.

I just bought a new '06 coupe and hope to enjoy it for the next 2-3 years until the current auto market funk is over with.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I finally have to sell my 04 and thought I'd get at least something in the 60's but what the heck? They are in the low 50's now? I'd like to sell mine and it's a great car with some extra goodies in it but WOW what happened to a viper holding some value? Any feedback? Anyhow, I have mine listed in OC CA priced right, I think, in the classiefied section. Also, you can see it at

http://www.cars.com/go/search/fsbo_search.jsp?affiliateadid=2086453&affiliate=latimes

I have to commute now and it's not a great daily car. Also, I have great financing on it 4.5 fixed for 3 more years at $1567 monthly. I would be interested in transfrring if possible. If all else fails I will just keep it for now.
:hitfan:

Your pricing on your car is right on..with the miles and year. You should be able to get that #, or close to it. Good luck.

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score

well geeze, I buy at auction. Does that make me a gypsy or a chump. I have been called both but not in the same sentence.

however you sir I feel have no freakin clue as to what you are talkin about

mit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The denial of market price on SRTs just astounds me. Used sports cars take a bad hit. It doesn't make you a lesser person and it doesn't diminish how much you like your car. High 40s for a low mileage no accident no issue 2003 SRT is market price. Deal with it.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The denial of market price on SRTs just astounds me. Used sports cars take a bad hit. It doesn't make you a lesser person and it doesn't diminish how much you like your car. High 40s for a low mileage no accident no issue 2003 SRT is market price. Deal with it.
Um, no it's not. I just sold a high mileage needs paintwork been tracked often 2003 for $50K on the dot. No denial, just reality. High 40's maybe at a dealer auction - retail, nope. Not unless they are pretty desperate to sell. Been helping local club members buy/sell their cars and know what the market is.

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
theres enough of them out there though that if u have the cash, and dont need to trade anything in, u will always find someone who needs to sell right of way for one reason or another.
if your patient good deals will come.

418viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know several owners who are dumping in anticipation of the next version with rumoured 600+ hp. when the sticker comes out on that car for 110,000$-plus, the existng SRT prices should rise to fill the gap.

V10 ICBM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the next best thing comes out, I doubt prices will go up. As for all new introductions, they negatively affect pricing of trade in vehicles. Is it confirmed that the price will rise when the Viper's price is one reason they are not selling as much DC would like?

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The prices are pretty wide right now for sure, I know I got a good deal at 48.5, it took me about 60 days to find a selection of 3 under 50K with low mis, and willing to travel up to 400 miles to get the car - having hard cash of course helps - all three cars were asking in the $54K range .. so the post above is right, it really depends on the sellers desperation & the buyers patience.

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What a value. 10 cylinders of pure American muscle, convertible to boot, for fifty-large... Enjoy whichever car your choose.

anunakki

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just found a local new yellow SRT at the dealer for $75k ... Im really looking to get back into a viper..

is that a good deal ? Sticker was $87k I think... is there more room to bargin ?

I know I can find one for $10k less than that with a few thousand miles but A) I have a trade in and B) I want yellow and those seem harder to come by.

J

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should be able to get a new 05 or untitled 05 in Yellow for less than that. The lowest I saw them were $65,000 for brand new from a dealer in California.

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree. I've heard of and seen a large inventory pileup at CAAP with many new 2005's. Have heard of as much as $15-20k off sticker. Don't know if that would be possible for a unit in inventory on the lot, but possibly if you asked your dealer to see what back-logged cars were still in storage at factory. I think a new SRT in the mid $60s has got to be the best bang for the buck. Less than a new Z06, and much, much more rare. It will come down to the driver anyway. I've got the new z06 and you can't tell any diffence at less than 80mph in my opinion.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It really makes you wonder how much money a dealer pockets on say a new Z06 he sells for 10K OVER sticker. If there is that much margin to knock off 15K UNDER sticker on some models and that is apparently not giving it away.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
ViperJon,

Don't confuse standard dealer markup between Invoice and MSRP with an incentive deal coming BACK to the dealer from the factory.

Vipers, Z06's, and all cars have a logical dealer cost versus MSRP... and these can be seen by visiting a site like KBB.com..... but when inventories go up....

Manufacturers can offer direct rebates to the consumer, or on a dealer level, LOWERED dealer cost per unit to make things "interesting" for a dealer to purchase more units, and hopefully, pass the savings on to the consumer by offering the same (or close) discount.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang