SRT rental !

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in Vegas this weekend and saw a RED SRT on one of those
luxury rental lots. I was in a Taxi, so I couldn't stop for a closer look.
It was close to the Mirage.

2Charmed

Firewater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you sure that it was an SRT? I was in Vegas yesterday, and I stopped at three of the rental places and all I saw were two GTS's and 4 RT/10's. Maybe I'm wrong though....
dunno.gif

OP
OP

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no doubt it was a Red SRT, the top was up and it was
parked in the parking space backwards. The nose was facing the
street. It was parked under a tent / canopy, there were a few other vipers on the lot also, but that's the only SRT I saw there.
When you see one of these cars in person, there is no doubt it's an SRT, I agree the styling has some similarity to an S2000, but there's no mistake when you see one in person.

2Charmed

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked to a guy who rented a Viper in LV and he swears they have some kind of chip or something that radically reduces HP!

The rental was something like $250 a day.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have a SRT-10 as the grand prize at the MGM on a bank of slot machines. I wasted a few hundred trying to get lucky. Nada.

OP
OP

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The prices I have seen for newer RTs and GTSs have been much
higher than 250 per day. I didn't stop to see this one, but I'm
sure the price would have been in the 500-1,000 per day range.

2Charmed

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out Dream Car Rentals:

dreamcarrentals.com

I flew in and took a GTS out for the day before I bought mine, to fully fathom what I was getting into. Big mistake, I almost didn't buy one.

Cars are neglected to the extreme. My car (96 GTS with around 20K) was way down on power and I attributed it to the elevation in reference to where I do my driving, a difference of 8000 feet , losing a few % of power at each 1000 feet, I figure I was down a 100 horse. Lack of brakes and missing suspension parts added back the excitement of the lost power however.

There is another rental shop off the strip that comes better recommended, and naturally for more money, that specializes in Vettes, RentAVette, I believe is the name.

Of course, if it's an SRT, go to where is cheap and be the first to hound on it!!
smile.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235