srt track experience - dallas

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has been to a dallas event...DO THEY PROVIDE SHADE or do u stand out in the sun while waiting for u're event

OP
OP
W

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thinking of going on the 23rd,,, it might be booked up already ,, website is down today

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thinking of going on the 23rd,,, it might be booked up already ,, website is down today

The 23rd has been booked for several weeks now, but the 24th is still open. Unfortunately, Dodge still has NOT processed my information, so I have not been able to register online. I have emailed my forms 2 weeks ago, without a response.

Jason

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am doing the 22nd. Looks like it is going to be fun!!(and hot!!)

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just went on 8/1 at Englishtown.. GREAT time... Most impressive car of the day was.............................................

The Jeep.. hands down.. That thing is a monster..

OP
OP
W

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just went on 8/1 at Englishtown.. GREAT time... Most impressive car of the day was.............................................

The Jeep.. hands down.. That thing is a monster..

yep i had a srt8 jeep for two years, with a couple of mods (change out run flats for toyos/ upgrade sway bar links) it is very fast and handles amazingly well BUT gets a little boring to drive after a while... no where near the machine the 08 viper is

Chrysler with the srt8jeep srt8challenger 08 viper does makes some amazing vehicles...the viper beats the z06, the srt8jeep beats the tbss and pretty much everthing else in it's class... can't take it off road though, hopefully chrysler won't go under

1053945.JPG

Jeep1.jpg

Last edited:

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wallbanger, your 100% correct.. I mean everyone goes to one of these, with the assumption that the viper is going to be fast. And it was..not a surprise. But to be perfectly honest.. I do not feel 100HP difference between an 08 and an 06'.. The 08's do have a "kick in the rear end" moment at 3500 RPMs and above, but its not drastic.. At the lower RPMs, it feels equal to my 06. Maybe even a little less.. Its possible the 08' I was driving had an issue of some sort. And they were beating the pants off these cars all day, in 90D weather.. And I mean all day.. Bouncing the rev limiter every lap.. Plus, they did not allow us to use the Viper for all the events.. So, seat time was limited.. very limited.

I had the Jeep planting down 1.8-1.9 60 foot times, and very low 8's in the 1/8th mile.. As they did not allow us to run the 1/4 mile.. And yes, it handled very well to boot.. Did a "hot lap" in it, with one of the instructors. Great driver!!!!!

Im trying to tallk my wife into one, once her lease comes up.. Fun truck..

OP
OP
W

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep the jeep is the fastest srt8 in the 0-60..also 12s in the 1/4 mile is very respectable ... with the AWD it is very easy to launch as well.....

The only downside is the gas consumption...it ate more gas than either of my vipers...in city driving a full tank barely goes over 200 miles

On the upside it has all the gadgets..nav,blue tooth, auto hi-beam headlights,heated seats and so on and so on

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep the jeep is the fastest srt8 in the 0-60..also 12s in the 1/4 mile is very respectable ... with the AWD it is very easy to launch as well.....

The only downside is the gas consumption...it ate more gas than either of my vipers...in city driving a full tank barely goes over 200 miles

On the upside it has all the gadgets..nav,blue tooth, auto hi-beam headlights,heated seats and so on and so on

well. I drive an E55 Benz right now, and it gets 15mpg on a good day. If your a lead foot, figure on 12-13ish..I only get roughly 250 miles, from a 21 gallon tank.. So as crazy as this sounds to say, when fuel is $4 gallon.. I still would NOT base my daily driver purchase decision, solely on mpg... I just enjoy driving too much.. If I had to get in a prius and drive to work everyday. I would need $10k a year in therapy to work through that situation. :). So instead, I'll just spend the extra $10k on fuel and have fun!! And the "in-between" cars, that get mileage in the low-mid 20's, just are not fun to drive in my opinion.. And the savings is not the drastic, over the long term..

Ok, last off topic post.. :).

OP
OP
W

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
openings left on friday and sunday....if it is open then u're booked for the day

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at Englishtown on July 31. Loved it. Won the Dragstrip event for that day. I currently own an 06 Jeep SRT8 wich has gone 12.16 with a few mods. I was most impressed by the hotlaps in the Viper, much more brutal than the Jeep. I will be ordering a 09 Viper coupe and I'm presently debating if I should get a ACR even though I may do mostly street driving. I found the stock Viper exhaust a bit too tame, so full Belanger it will get.
Claude

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got confirmed for the 24th. (Now if they would only process my VCA membership!) Wallbanger, did you decide on the Friday event?

Jason

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was at Englishtown on July 31. Loved it. Won the Dragstrip event for that day. I currently own an 06 Jeep SRT8 wich has gone 12.16 with a few mods. I was most impressed by the hotlaps in the Viper, much more brutal than the Jeep. I will be ordering a 09 Viper coupe and I'm presently debating if I should get a ACR even though I may do mostly street driving. I found the stock Viper exhaust a bit too tame, so full Belanger it will get.
Claude

Hey Claude! PartsRack donated the prizes for the SRT10 Drive events. I hope you got a doo-dad for winning?

I'd appreciate ANY feedback on that ADVERTISING EXPENSE ! TAXIMAN? Others? I know half of it is wasted, but glad to hear a VIPER owner won something? .... Thanks

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What days do they have openings and what sections on what days? Thanks for any insight.

Autobahn Country Club – Joliet, IL –Aug 8-10 (3 Days)

Memphis Motorsports Park – Memphis, TN Aug 15-17 (3 Days)

Texas Motor Speedway – Ft Worth, TX Aug 22-24 (3 Days)

800-998-1110 x 3

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, you'll be happy to know. The name "Parts Rack" was mentioned several times during the day (all good of course:)). By owners of vipers, AND the instructors. At the end of the events, they made a point of mentioning "Parts Rack's" support, and how important it is, in order for programs like this to continue. They were emphatic about that that actually..I have to say, going to this event was last minute decision for me. It was going to cost me a day out of the office, and wasn't sure what to expect.

I was totally FLOORED... Awesome event, well run by professionals... These guys and gals love what they do, and it shows..You really got to experiece what these cars are capable of, while keeping it safe.. They didnt let us get crazy in the viper. Vipers ae dangerous cars in the wrong hands, and most there did NOT own vipers.. So, this decision is completely understandable..However, they did push you to drive it hard IF they believed you had control of the car.... Which in reality, most did not..

Im considering doing the AMG challenge, as I have an E55... So Im curious to see what the differences are between the two programs. THE AMG program is double the cost, but so are the cars I guess.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Claude! PartsRack donated the prizes for the SRT10 Drive events. I hope you got a doo-dad for winning?

I'd appreciate ANY feedback on that ADVERTISING EXPENSE ! TAXIMAN? Others? I know half of it is wasted, but glad to hear a VIPER owner won something? .... Thanks

Hi Jon,
Yes they did give out prizes and mentionned the Vendors. If I remember Team Petty, Mopar and Partsrack.
They gave prizes to the top 3 winners in the autocross event and one for Drag racing
In my case I got a $100 certificate to do 3 practice laps as a passenger in a Team Petty Nascar. Sorry I'm not a Viper owner yet, but I'm working on fixing that in 09
Claude

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
THANKS, Taxi and Claude!

Supporting SRT-Drive is a fairly big expense for our small biz when my target auduence is just the VIPER Owners participating there. So in this case, "80% of advertising is wasted" or so, but that feedback is GREAT news, thanks.

After Doris and I helped em out at PIR, and we got to know a 3 fellow instructors at Petty, they did pledge to show their appreciation for the donated prizes.... so THANK YOU for confirming !

TAXI: If you can use one of those $100 Petty certfis Ill send you one? (who ARE you, profile anon.)

OP
OP
W

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm not gonna make it,saturday was the only good day for me that weekend , maybe next time

I just got confirmed for the 24th. (Now if they would only process my VCA membership!) Wallbanger, did you decide on the Friday event?

Jason

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm not gonna make it,saturday was the only good day for me that weekend , maybe next time

Well, Saturday the corvette forum guys are taking a cruise to Possum Kingdom if you are interested in meeting in Hurst for the starting point and doing the "caravan" there with the Corvette guys for lunch. Should be some good roads, and I heard it was a blast last month. PM me if you are interested.

Jason

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey a few of us are confirmed from Austin for Sunday the 24th SOOOO ... we will be in town on Saturday the 23rd - anything exciting with the Dallas VCA or Viper folks on Saturday. It would be great to synch up.

:drive:

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperGal, there should be a couple of Vipers for the "cruise" the day before, if you are interested in doing that, but it would be about 300 miles roundtrip. Not sure if all of you would be interested in that after driving up from Austin. It doesn't look like the N. Tx VCA has anything that weekend, because VOI is the week after. If anyone is interested in meeting though, I should be free. Is everyone bringing their Viper?

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Driving the Viper and will be there Sat for Sunday SRT track experience. A few of us from Austin will be coming in town. Should be a good time.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely - can you give a shout to other Vipers in Dallas and see who might like to synch up and help coordinate on that end?

I think a 300 mile run would be too much.

ViperGal,

I've posted to our group about a run to a shopping center in Plano, or to the Sundance Square in Fort Worth to a spot for dinner on Saturday night. I'm guessing you all (trying really hard not to say ya'll :)) are going to be in a hotel in Fort Worth? I will post back here with any updates. Is anyone coming from the Texas Viper Roundup?

Jason

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone coming was at the round-up. :D

Shoot me a pm so we can coordinate.

ViperGal,

I've posted to our group about a run to a shopping center in Plano, or to the Sundance Square in Fort Worth to a spot for dinner on Saturday night. I'm guessing you all (trying really hard not to say ya'll :)) are going to be in a hotel in Fort Worth? I will post back here with any updates. Is anyone coming from the Texas Viper Roundup?

Jason

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about a cruise up historic main street in Grapevine? With dinner at wilhoits(spelling)?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery