SRT10 and HPDE

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of you enjoying HPDEs in your SRT10s, are the various track clubs requiring roll hoops, etc.?

HPDEs I have run with follow a "broomstick rule": a broomstick is placed in the window header and the other end is placed where it hits toward the rear of car behind the driver's seat (and passenger seat). The top of your helmut while seated in the car must be below the bottom of the broomstick.

It does not appear that the SRT10 will pass the "broomstick rule."

Anyone have have experience with this? What are you guys and gals doing?

I would like rollover protection, but I do not want to destroy the car to get it!

Thanks!

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, clubs in my area generally allow the SRT convertible to run of it has a roll hoop over the driver and instructors head. The stok hoops generally do not qualify so I installed an Autoform rollbar that I ordered from Partsrack. I also installed the 1'' lowering kit and now I have enough clearance with a helmet to meet the "broomstick rule."

Note that some car clubs, for example BMW CCA, do not allow any convertible or vehicle without a fixed roof to run in their driver training/car control schools. Check with the local track and clubs to see what their regulations require.

/Rich

OP
OP
S

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks--that is what I suspected.

If I take the plunge, I am leaning toward the coupe to avoid this issue.

DocAdam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It depends on the track. In the washington DC area Summit Point does will let you run VIR will not.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang