SRT10 Coupes with stripes..... I need a quick favor please...

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am having my rear diffuser area painted on my 08 coupe black like how the cars with stripes come. Only I would like to show the body shop doing it exactly where the paint ends on the top area of the bumper, I would also like a picture of the finish type black they use stock. If anyone had or can take a high resolution closeup for me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I had a body shop paint my stripes as well. The blackout I would suspect to be the same type as the paint around the exhaust tips.

Attachments

• Pic 012.jpg
    Pic 012.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 22
  • Pic 018.jpg
    Pic 018.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 22

VAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I had a body shop paint my stripes as well. The blackout I would suspect to be the same type as the paint around the exhaust tips.

I'm considering the same thing. If you don't mind how much does this cost?

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm considering the same thing. If you don't mind how much does this cost?

Yellow Viper, see the attachments as well, to see the exact line that was cut (cell phone pic from the dealership).

Mine was about $2,000 here in Dallas at probably one of the best body shops. They specialize in Ferrari's, Porsche, Lamborghini, and other high end cars.. Some shops quoted me ~$4,000. The taping and measurements of the lines are the hardest things. The stripes actually taper in the 08 Cars, so that has to be controlled. Also, you might consider having someone layout Vinyl stripes, and tape those instead.

Reaction score
The cost will depend on how you want the stripes finished also. The factory Prefix stripes have a hard line where they have been taped, painted and cleared all in the same steps. The better way is to do the stripes and color sand the whole panel then clear the whole panel to give it a smooth as glass feel. The cost is about twice as much for the latter.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this looks better on the vert IMHO

gr.jpg

Last edited:

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the rear accent panels are an option as well on the vert , they don't black out the area as much as painting but it is a cheaper way to go

v6.JPG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte