SRT8 tax

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where does the money go for the damn tax is it federal or state??

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and what is the point of tax on gas at the pump??
Sounds like the viper tax all over again...BS

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I believe the figure will be $2100, and not $2800.

Federal Gas Guzzler tax, it is built into the MSRP,and the Manufacturer takes care to pay Uncle Sam -consumer is just billed for it.Dealerships have nothing to do with this issue, it is just part of the price due to the CAFE requirements.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$46,095 Loaded, out the door and on the street, including guzzler. STILL the high performance sedan bargain of the century. One tenth of a second faster than the CTSV in both 0-60 and the quarter mile. CTSV as tested price $50,690.
SRT8/ CTSV
0-60 4.9/ 5.0
1/4mi 13.3/ 13.4
Top Speed 165mph/ 163mph
Skidpad 0.90g/ 0.87
Slalom 66.5/ 64.0

Both cars numbers from Road and Track this month. Not knocking the CTSV, it's a bargain also, especially if you insist on a manual.

What I LOVE is that it is only one tenth behind a C6 convertible in both 0-60 and the 1/4. I'm gonna get me a license plate frame that says...I love "verts" they taste just like chicken!

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny though those gas guzzlin suvs have no tax, what a joke, when I bough my gts , a durango V8 got 7 mpg less accourding to the sticker but no tax. BS pure & simple

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, that's exactly why the automakers have pushed truck and SUV sales, to avoid CAFE mileage requirements.
And the results are not that we have more economical cars, but that we have tons of trucks and SUVs all over, and stupid taxes on performance cars. :rolleyes:

A fair tax would be soley on the gas at the pump, then you are taxed by use, rather than by how your car is categorized. :(

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet you can just imagine how I feel about Communism. Better dead then Red.
It is the Boxer - Feinstein - Ted Kennedy type ****!