Ssg/acr With Drivers Stripe Or Dual Stripes

SSG Stripes on a black centerband SSG ACR

• Total voters

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered my SSG/ACR with the black center band with hopes that Dodge would offer a SSG drivers stripe but no such luck...IMO the centerband ACRs look much better with a body colored DS or the red stripe especially Graphite.....
I do plan on having a SSG DS painted on mine next Spring but I had Austin PS dual SSG stripes on a Coupe just to see how it might look...I think its kind of funky / busy but is definately different...Tell me what you think and why,lol:omg:

A)..Drivers stripe
B) Dual SSG Stripe
C) Other

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are kind of growing on me,lol.....I was wondering why you didnt comment when you sent the pics...Thanks Austin

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are kind of growing on me,lol.....I was wondering why you didnt comment when you sent the pics...Thanks Austin

I wanted it to be your decision with no input from my point of view. Its what YOU like. Im really sorry I couldnt work with the pics you had wanted, but trust me, that pic above gives a much better idea of what it'd really look like compared to the other; despite it not having the full ACR aero kit.

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, I was envisioning that setup as well. But I tapered the striped from thin at front to thicker in the back as I had seen on some Comp Coupes. This way they align with the hood better IMO. I am still not sure I like it more than the SSG driver's side stripe. I saw that in Breckenridge in July and it looked hot!

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, I was envisioning that setup as well. But I tapered the striped from thin at front to thicker in the back as I had seen on some Comp Coupes. This way they align with the hood better IMO. I am still not sure I like it more than the SSG driver's side stripe. I saw that in Breckenridge in July and it looked hot!

Detlef,
That doesnt look bad....I was trying in vain to find your post with the Breckenridge ACRs in to give to Austin do you know what thread that is..?

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Detlef,
That doesnt look bad....I was trying in vain to find your post with the Breckenridge ACRs in to give to Austin do you know what thread that is..?

Here's a couple I was able to pull from the CO-VCA website. I hope this helps! :2tu:

Last edited:

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No matter what color ACR I think it looks better with the drivers side stripe or dual stripes then with just two tone with black in the middle. Both stripe patterns in the 2 pics posted look great.

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks NHL. That first one from Breckenridge is my picture. That SSG ACR look alike also had a custom green/black interior and side skirts on the outside. Very sharp.

ASPIRATIONS, this is the thread you are thinking about.

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey kevin if you do the drivers stripe it needs to be red, my opinion soorry, but that 2 ssrtipe austin did is like kinda growing on me to, very unique and you have to think is it a 2 ssg sripe or a new dual wide black fang stripe. wow i wonder how you sleep at nigth with all these things that run thru your head. cant wait till you get the new car and as everyone here has said once the snow melts drive it or i will call your wife.:2tu:

Blackhawk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Different, but still nice. I think it might look better as a solid band of green in the middle over a smaller area then the dual stripes, or maybe a solid hood and stripe going over the decklid.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not alter car from factory... If a Red drivers stripe is whats offered, thats what I would get..

Yes, I know Prefix will do anything you want, but so will any body shop.. It's not a factory option, at that point.

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to say Drivers stripe... But the dual stripes make it look pretty mean in my opinion... Either is good!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not alter car from factory... If a Red drivers stripe is whats offered, thats what I would get..

Yes, I know Prefix will do anything you want, but so will any body shop.. It's not a factory option, at that point.

Drivers stripe is not offered in any color on SSG with black center from factory. Dual stripes are offered on solid SSG without black center, I doubt he wants that though as he owns a non ACR SSG with black stripes now.
I would do the driver stripe in SSG. The dual stripes look a little too busy to me.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too many stripes with the dual stripes. It looks silly and will diminish the value of the car by at least 10k. If the Viper were all black with the dual green stripes, it would look great.

Last edited:

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drivers stripe is not offered in any color on SSG with black center from factory. Dual stripes are offered on solid SSG without black center, I doubt he wants that though as he owns a non ACR SSG with black stripes now.
I would do the driver stripe in SSG. The dual stripes look a little too busy to me.

In that case, I would leave the solid band if it were me.. The thought of getting involved with body work on a brand new car, is not a pleasant one.

I agree on the SSG.. I did however see a Very Orange/Dual stripe car once (1 of 3 combo).. WOW.... The car was breathtaking..

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would do vinyl so they can be removed in the future. A certain big named dealer talked me out of painting becuase of the limited number of acr's.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin, If your going to drive this viper and not sell it, then go with the green drivers stripe. If this is going to sit in your garage like your last two or three then put a green vinyl stripe on it. The second one looks interesting but in reality your creating an SSG and adding 3 black stripes. IMHO a red drivers stripe would look poorly, but go put a red vinyl stripe on it first and see for yourself. But no matter what you do you can always change it back to stock, best wishes! Mike

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, you've added three black stripes if you try the dual SSG stripes. I would do a driver's stripe, and be happy with that. I have a feeling you will regret the dual SSG stripes, but that's just my $0.02.

BigJag

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dual stripes looks kinda cool but doesn't it look like a ssg car with 3 black stripes? I would probably stay conservative (if a ssg acr could be labeled as such) and go with single ds.

EDIT - I didn't read all the posts before posting myself. Seems my comment on 3 black stripes has been pointed out already.

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!:omg: You guys are getting a little crazy with the stripes.
I think the green drivers stripe is the way to go, but it's your car. You've waited so long for it, you don't even have it in the garage yet, and you are already dreaming of ways to destroy it.:lmao: I'm sure that you will do something cool with the stripes, but please post some "******" pictures of it before you deface it.:D j/k Actually, I looked at the picture with the DS again, and it didn't look so bad, this time. Maybe my brain is just not used to thinking of ACR's that way. I think I understand were you are coming from, now. I still want to see some pics before you have it painted though.

Last edited:

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well i would replace ALL of the center black with graphite and add a red drivers stripe.....i know i'm in the minority but just not a fan of the black with the ssg....

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow,LOL, I asked for it and I appreciate ALL the feedback...:omg: Ben,I dont intend on doing ANY paint work until next year..I ordered the SSG with the black centerband because I intended to get the drivers stripe wheather offered by Dodge (which I REALLY wanted) or have it done by a paint shop...I also thought about a solid SSG with black stripes but I love the exposed C/F wing and it would of looked like my old 08 Coupe,nice but not ACR different...To me besides the aero what sets the ACR apart is the body color and the black centerband complete with DS in body color....
I had Austin make up the dual stripe PS because I did want to see how it would look...I like it but agree with some that it looks a little busy as it kind of throws your eyes and does give an illusion of 3 black stripes...Maybe if the stripes were a touch larger (like 06 stripes?) it would look better....I thought about vinal but I want to do it once and thats it....
As far as different colors...no way ...has to be ssg/black as I love the contrast and black always looks mean...As far as originality thats where the dual stripes or fang stripes or other colors could be a problem....I really dont think adding a SSG DS would hurt its value as its keeping in the original ACRs scheme and I doubt I will either A) have the car that long,lol B) Live long enough to see its value rise to a point where its worth selling for profit....UNLESS it was put away with factory miles and left for a future family member..C) No kids just my wife and 2 Scotty dogs so thats out of the question,lol....
I know Iam really getting ahead of myself since I dont even have the car and who knows with me maybe I will love the look of the Black centerband and just leave it stock as some suggested...I know ACRs are already wild but I think most people like to do SOME personal touches to their Vipers so we will see...
I REALLY do want to thank Austin again and all of you who submitted suggestions and keep them coming...Maybe I should open up a contest to PAINT KEVINS ACR,lol..Kevin