Ssg/acr With Drivers Stripe Or Dual Stripes

SSG Stripes on a black centerband SSG ACR

• Total voters

ZO6KLR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My first opinion is to stay away from the dual stripes with the ACR paint scheme. Trust me, I've done more photoshop options of this paint scheme more than anyone. I battled with the same ideas as you are.

The dual stripes in SSG will make the car look like a watermelon. I've done this rendering once and I thought that as soon as I made it.

If you were to go with the dual stripes, I think it needs to be in the form of a ghosting technique or ditch the dual stripe/ACR design altogether.

The driver's side stripe (dss) is something I battled with too when designing my SSG scheme. If you go all red, you (or someone) might make the inevitable comparison to Christmas or Freddy Krueger. Just too much red in my honest opinion.

I was going to do my dss in SSG to match the body panels but I thought the stripe would need to stand alone from the already dominating SSG. I ultimately went with a neutral color for my stripe which is House of Kolor's Black Diamond. It is a black metalflake and acts as a ghost stripe. But by doing this, I was making the stripe blend into the background of a sea of black. I decided on two Viper Red pinstripes to make the stripe pop from the black. The red is color matched to the calipers and the evil red eyes on my Viper emblem. This design works for me and everyone that sees my version of the ACR scheme loves it.

If I were to do over again, I might go with a bright silver dss for contrast and forgo the pinstripes. The pinstripes were a pain to produce.

Attachments

• s3.jpg
    s3.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang