SSG Arrived today, Thanks Bill P @ Woodhouse

Viperizer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WOW, Thats all I have to say...Love it Bill! Delivery was first class, although I had to drag Deans Dodge truck and trailer up my icy driveway with my Hummer...Hey it's a steep driveway.
Anyway, I have a question..When do you think Dodge will be sending me a royality check for using my color? ;)

You must be registered for see images attach

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperizer congratulations. Beautiful SSG plut great looking garage!:2tu:

V

Venomiss

Bet you didn't waste anytime picking out your color for the Viper.:2tu:
Awesome garage with a beautiful Viper to match!
Congratulations and Bill can hook you up with your membership for purchasing a 2008.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, Thats all I have to say...Love it Bill! Delivery was first class, although I had to drag Deans Dodge truck and trailer up my icy driveway with my Hummer...Hey it's a steep driveway.
Anyway, I have a question..When do you think Dodge will be sending me a royality check for using my color? ;)

YOU ARE MY HERO.

OP
OP
V

Viperizer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome!
I am really impressed with the SSG Viper, can't wait to try it out, guess it will be a few months.
Does anyone know if the Viper Club will be renting ****** Run Raceway in PA this summer? I would like to try some road racing with my 98 GTS. Can someone tell me a little what I would need to do to prepare for road racing? I am a drag racer and do not know the first thing about turning the steering wheel...do I need a license etc? Does the car need to Pass tech?
Thanks for the compliments related to the garage, I have been renovating since mid summer...I will post some more pictures.....if anyone is interested.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome!
I am really impressed with the SSG Viper, can't wait to try it out, guess it will be a few months.
Does anyone know if the Viper Club will be renting ****** Run Raceway in PA this summer? I would like to try some road racing with my 98 GTS. Can someone tell me a little what I would need to do to prepare for road racing? I am a drag racer and do not know the first thing about turning the steering wheel...do I need a license etc? Does the car need to Pass tech?
Thanks for the compliments related to the garage, I have been renovating since mid summer...I will post some more pictures.....if anyone is interested.

Wow nice garage. Good luck with the 08. Question why would you track the 98 GTS as opposed to the 08? The 08 should be much better on the track.

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new car, and a fantastic garage! If you're new to road racing starting out with the '98 is probably the right move. Then as your experience and confdence build, you can give the '08 a try in order to improve your times. No license is necessary (usually), but your car will need to pass tech, brake fluid should be fresh, pads at least 50%, and a fresh oil change is a good idea., In addition a visual check of the engine should be performed to make sure nothing is loose or has excessive wear. Tire pressure should be increased to handle cornering, ann some tracks are fussy about Vipers running on slicks. And under no circustances ever let an instructor take your wheel to "show you how it's done". The VCA NorthEast is having our Zone Rendevous May 23rd-27th at Pocono, a great place to start road racing.

OP
OP
V

Viperizer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nader, I figured the 98 would not be near as powerful as the 08, Maybe it would be a little more forgiving on a beginner. Plus I was thinking I could kill two birds with one stone....the 98 needs a new set of tires, they only have a few thousand miles but they are very hard, so I was thinking I could get a set of Hoosier R-6's for it. Would this be a good choice?
Gus...So I am assuming just take a helmet, no fire clothes neck collars etc? No 5 point harness? I will try to make the may event.. ****** run offers some driving classes, do you think it would benefit me? I am used to speed, my drag car runs low 7's at about 195 mph. But it's just a short blast....Thanks so much for the input!

Malu, I will post a few pictures of another "Wing" of the garage shortly.

OP
OP
V

Viperizer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guitar,
My Drag Car is a Pro Stock Car built by Jerry Bickel. These are hand built cars, designed to resemble a GTS. It has a 112" wheelbase and is at least a foot skinner.

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus...So I am assuming just take a helmet, no fire clothes neck collars etc? No 5 point harness? I will try to make the may event.. ****** run offers some driving classes, do you think it would benefit me? I am used to speed, my drag car runs low 7's at about 195 mph. But it's just a short blast....Thanks so much for the input!

Yes, a helmet, and should be Snell SA 2005 compliant. Fire suit, neck collars, and 5/6 pt. harness are usually not required, but always recommended. Driving classes are always beneficial, especially if you are new to road racing. But remember only YOU behind the wheel of your own car. Your interest in road racing brings to mind an old friend, another dragster (many on this board know him, or know of him), who tried road racing for the first time. An instructor convinced my friend to let the instructor take the wheel to show how it's done, and then he proceeded to total my friend's gorgeous Gray/Silver Stripe GTS within a few minutes after taking the wheel.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful 08 - I love that color

What motor do you race with in the Prostock GTS? That is the first drag body I have seen without ugly rear guard flares, whoever built that really does a great job!

OP
OP
V

Viperizer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Monster,

It's a 440 wedge. 540ci. Keith Black Top Fuel Block. Jerry Bickel does a unbelieveable job on the prostock cars. Most big league NHRA Postock cars are his makings. The attention to detail is unmatched. Saftey is #1. The "ugly" bodys are used on the ProMods which all have the quarter panel flares/ bubbles due to the fact they run a 34.5" tire verses the Prostock 33"" tire. Jerry Haas built most of the ProMod Vipers, I don't like them with the flares either. As far as I know I have the only non-flared prostock. If your interested - here is a link to a pass of which, lets say started out bad, but ended well...
YouTube - Dodge Viper Super Pro Drag Car Spinout

OP
OP
V

Viperizer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Gus, Thanks for all the input! I signed up for this today BeaveRun Motorsports Complex
I don't have any interest in the on lap deal, but it's a chance to get my feet wet. I am with you about who's doing the driving!!! Keep ya posted how it goes! I am Hoosier dealer, so I am thinking I will throw a set of r-6's on it, do you have any experience with these?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte