SSR GT 3 Wheels

OP
OP

1 Bad Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have a picture to post, you can see them on Tire Rack's site. To give you an idea of what they look like, the look like at 547R with the bolt's deep set into inner part of the rim. Kind of a cross between the purners deep dish and HRE with the bolts.

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are the best looking wheels I've seen - esp one's with big lips. But they are NOT cheap. I see them alot on BMW M3s and other asian imports.

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,

I'd look at "other" mods to your car. If you look out your front windshield, you'll understand what I mean!!

riverflyer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mendocino, on the lovely North coast of California
These wheels are, as Austin pointed out, very popular on BMW's. Very nice looking rims.They are very similar to the split 5 spoke Purners but are much lighter in feel and look. IMHO they are too delicate for our size cars and the Purners feel, again to my eye, much more appropriate in scale to the size and nature of our cars. My .02 cents worth. John

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great timing on this post! I asked Luke at the tirerack the same question a couple days ago, and just read his reply not minutes ago. No GT3 yet. He didn't say if they still plan to make them or not.
I did hear this past summer that Tirerack would be producing this wheel in Viper Size. I believe 18", with a large lip, made in South Bend if I remember correctly. No GT3 yet, but maybe in the near future?
Help us out here Luke!! :D

Here's a picture of the wheel:
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/DisplayWheel.jsp?wheelMake=SSR&wheelModel=GT3&wheelFinish=Silver+w%2FMachined+Lip