St Louis Dyno Day

TorQ Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Gateway Club held a dyno day at Performance By Joes today. I came early and had to go early, so I can only report on my pulls and the attempted run by Steve Wedel's V12 Biturbo AMG. I had a dyno run 2 years ago at a different shop (also Dynojet) of 425 rwhp. Mods: Belanger headers, random tech cats, Corsa exhaust, cone intakes, Vec-1, 3.55 gears. The only addition since then was T&D rockers. The best run yielded 437 hp, 470 tq. Joe informed me that the gears yield lower numbers, and the "other shop" uses a different correction that would give higher numbers than the ones he runs. Therefore, my car could be making more than the 12 rwhp difference from the T&D's. I know it is not an accurate comparo but, it makes me feel good about it :D .

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
T

TorQ Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve brought out his 2006 V12 beast. Unfortunately the car bucked like abronco on the dyno, wanting no part in this exercise. Even with traction control and stability management turned off, the ABS kicked in at certain times making the car jump around on the drum! Numbers will have to wait until the beast can be tamed. Here's Joe doing brain surgery in the engine bay.

OP
OP
T

TorQ Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw 2 other Vipers pull in before I left, but someone else will have to chime in if any interesting runs were made.
As others have posted in other threads, Joe and his crew were great to hang out with. Joe went out of his way to pull a couple extra runs on my car to adjust the Vec-1. He's planted the bug in my mind to get a Vec-2 so that he can tune more out of my car. Anyone have a need for a Vec-1?

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SL65 pulled over 550 rwhp, but it was a strange curve.

There were a couple snakes that came later to beat the AMG.

I'll let them chime in..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery