Start of 2008 production

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many of the VCA officers were rubbing elbows with the SRT brass over the weekend. Can you give us any info on when the cars will start regular production? My dealer says it's an engine certification delay---true? Shortly after placing our order on May1, we were told the 2 tone interiors would cause a 5 week delay in production, and given the opportunity to change the order. We declined. Is that still a factor now that the start of production has been delayed for other reasons?

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I can't say for certain, I believe that cars will start down the line in the next couple weeks with the first deliveries a couple weeks after that. There was absolutely no mention of any certification issues - we had heard it was a supplier issue on one of the key parts. And as for the delay for "custom" interiors, it is probably still a factor.

Hope this helps!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Chris is right on, as usual , though hopefully start time will be just a bit sooner. The interior delay, I feel Mr. Marshall has the pulse of the situation and expect it to slow down the process.

Though we seem to field a zillion different rumors on the delays, like Chris, I have never heard an issue with certification. In fact news later this week will probably put that to rest, big time.

Supplier issues are the main focus of concern and Dodge knows it , but after this weekend most of us are ready for the launch,the rockets are fueled, and this baby is ready to take off!!!:2tu:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear from both Bill and Chris...thank you for the updates. You guys are the ones we turn to for 'expert' information!! We'll be watching for the '08s in October most likely.
~juli

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte