Reaction score
I like what they did with this myself.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Short write up in Autoweek

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The V8 Crossfire is cool except for one thing...$107,000!

That's way too close to the Mercedes SL55's $113,900 price, which offers similar performance, and is frankly a MUCH better
car.

Since the Crossfire uses the same drivetrain as the SLK, it's a foregone conclusion that they will eventually add the AMG
SLK32's supercharger to the Crossfire. And even though 350HP is not as much as the Brabus V8 model provides, it's close
enough as the supercharged V6 factory model (if it's built) will likely only cost half as much as the Brabus modded Crossfire.

The V8 Crossfire is cool, but I'd much rather have a twin-turbo SRT-10 Viper, or a low mileage Ferrari 355 Spyder for
$107K+.

And if you are stuck on modding your Crossfire, then Renntech offers a supercharger kit for $23K. That's a big chunk of
change, but it boosts the Mercedes V6 to 404HP/410TQ (a gain of 179HP/181TQ over stock), and it's still far less than the
Brabus' $107K V8 Crossfire with similar power.

As far as the Startech Viper mods go, they are nicely done, but pricey for the performance that you get.

-Dean.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can parts be purchased from Startech rather than a complete make over? How do you get in touch with them?

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've also been rather unimpressed with the Startech packages. They're very expensive, and showy rather than performance-oriented. The idea of taking a lightweight sports car like the SRT, bolting on huge, heavy 20" wheels and then upsizing the brake system (which is already track-ready, as proved by the comp coupe) seems sacriligious.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just visited their website www.startech.de and got their email address and phone & fax numbers: [email protected], ph#011492041777552, fx#011492041777544. I sent an email asking if any of their products are available yet here in the USA. I was specifically interested in their front splitter. I will post any reply i get from them.

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to be a little of topic but does the CC have the same brake system as the SRT-10? If so, that would be a huge disadvantage compared to the other cars in its class, I would think. I'm pretty sure the Corvette C5R's aren't running around with the michey-mouse, stock brakes. The SRT-10 brakes are reportedly good, but that good?

Chad

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The difference in this case would be that the Viper SRT doesn't come with "mickey mouse" brakes :) Stock, SRTs have 14-inch rotors and 4-piston Brembos on all four corners, same as the CC. They're fantastic brakes, and currently hold the production-car record for 60-0 stopping distance.

That said, the CC weighs about 350 lbs less than the SRT, and has different pads / lines / venting and of course stickier tires, so it will perform differently on the track.

HEMIPOWER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cars have a certain appeal to them, but to me there are better choices out there.

fluffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely. I do like the chin splitter though. I'm looking forward to seeing what Henne55ey does with the SRT aero package next year.

viperweb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want to contact them, call (949)797-0177

Their main dealer is in Orange County just outside of Newport Beach. Right now they have a black SRT-10 for sale, although it looks like it only has the interior mods.

For more photos of the Startech SRT-10 and the press release, go to http://www.fast-autos.net/startech/startechsrt10.html

If you want higher resolution pictures for some reason, email me at [email protected]

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was interested in the cover for the top and the splitter. I think the wheels look great but they may make for a rougher ride. I agree the interior is a bit much. I wouldn't mind a few accents in red but not the whole interior.

OP
OP
A

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can parts be purchased from Startech rather than a complete make over? How do you get in touch with them?

VIPERWEB has posted the contact info for the guy that claims to be the sole importer for the Startech components. I spoke to the importer on the phone and he said that none of the SRT-10 pieces are available yet, but should be soon. You can purchase any component seperately.

-19 & 20" rims with custom Pirelli tires: 10k
-brakes for all 4 corners (405mm up front w/6 piston calipers): 10k
-suspension mods: 6k
-owning a Viper that will yank your fillings out when you mash the brakes: priceless

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32