Steam coming out of 04 SRT/10 engine bay? Help with possible insight?

JBsZ06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A buddy of mine with a mint condition viper thats always pampered called and said he has steam coming out of the engine bay.. The car has maybe 3000 miles if that.

I was wondering if any of you guys had anything similiar happen with your viper and what the fix was?

Did it require just a new hose? a new clamp? a new radiator?

Cars been extremely well cared for, never been abused. Never raced etc...

It started steaming out of the hood after a 20 minute drive around the lake etc.. .No revving past 4 grand on the tach until proper oil warmup temperature was achieved. (if at all) The cars babied..

Any chance its just a clamp? and if so any suggestions which one ?

Or is it best to just get it flat bedded to a dodge dealer?

Thanks in advance..

JB

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds like you have yet to even raise the hood and take a looksie. So pardon me being bold if if not appropriate, but try raising the hood and seeing if you can tell where it is coming from.

If we see a subsequent post on "How do you open the hood on a Viper?", we'll know you're all over this.

rocman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The car is ruined. I'll do you a favor and give you $10K for it. First, I will mail you a check for $15K, and you send me back a money order for $5K with the car. :D

Sounds like a loose hose. It should be a simple fix.

VIPER R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about the smell, does it have a sweetness and leave a little after taste in the mouth, That would indicate a coolant leak. If no odor your engine might just be wet from a puddle.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wouldn't be putting coolant in my mouth lol I know that kills animals like cats and dogs all the time

OP
OP
J

JBsZ06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry guys...I'm not over at his home to describe or give any info..

He's not bothering with it but rather just throwing it on a trailer and having a dealer look at it.

I thought he would chime in and give a better description that the fine members of this forum would throw him some Ideas...

He mentioned something about a plastic piece from the radiator or something ...

The car didn't over heat as he was pulling into his street when it occurred.

He just shut it off and put it away till the flat bed comes Wed.

Have a nice weekend..

JB

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang