Steering wheel shaking

OP
OP
W

Wilks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just called Michellin and got my answer.

Looks like my rear tires are born on 2907 or the 29th week of 2007. This is just about 4 years old so not too bad.

The pass front tire which is the one about to blow out has a code of 135 which means 13th week of 1995!! Although the tread is still good, I guess this a dry rot issue causing the problem.

Looks like I can keep the rears for now and just replace the fronts. I was looking to buy new rims as well if I had to go all four but I guess I'll wait till I need to do all four which will probably end up happening when it's time to replace the rears......

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I checked my PS2s today, and the date code clearly shows on the outside of the tire.

For instance, one front tire has DOT 4MDL 1PL X 3908. These tires were manufactured in the 39th week of 2008.

One of my rear tires has the following: DOT 4MMR FWM X 0109 so that one was manufactured the first week of 2009.

These tires were purchased new and installed April 2010. Clearly these tires sit around before being sold.

OP
OP
W

Wilks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I guess the fact that there are multiple sets of letters and numbers in I guess I'd called it circled, I didn't realize that was what I needed to look for. I'm in the hunt for two front PS 2's. Looks like the Viper parts of America is slightly better than TireRack.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Are you SURE you have rear PS2? How do you know? PS-2 are assymetrical, Non directional, OUTSIDE stamped on sidewall, and so is the date code.

The useddate codes dont matter at this point. They are mis-matched used, old tires.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas