Stereo Power - Gen III

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need help with a stereo bug affecting my 06. I've searched and seen similar questions asked but no definitive answer. In a nutshell the stereo will power up but there is no sound. When turning the volume nob it either will display mute or level 1. I've checked the fuse box and all is good. If there is another fuse on the amp I can't find it. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

Roadrunner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is the amplifier under the passenger seat getting power?

Pins 7 and 14 on the amp should both be getting 12V, and pin 6 is the 12V switch on from the head unit.

The amp is on a 20A fuse in the PDC, I think it is separate from the Radio/headunit fuse.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No but I guess it's worth a try. With all the rain we've had here in Dallas the last week I haven't really had a chance to do much other than look at the fuses...I'll give that a shot this evening.

Roadrunner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I re-read your comment... if the volume know won't move off of mute or 1 then it's inside the head unit. the knob encoder is out of commission... you could probably open it up and fix it yourself if you are skilful...

Or just get a fresh head unit (or an aftermarket one you like better). There have got to be dozens of stockers around from the guys that have upgraded...?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang