Stereo static with AB Wires

ontariomystic

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Installed new set of AB wires and now I get slight static at idle and quite alot of static at WOT. Cruising is fine. Anyway to solve this issue other than putting the stock wires back on?

OP
OP
O

ontariomystic

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure which ground you mean? All i did was swap plug wires so i didn't remove any ground wires that I know of.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most remove the cowl around the windshield when doing the plug wires here is a picture of the ground I'm talking about.
You must be registered for see images attach

realityeds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had this happen recently too. I had 2 sets and I couldn't find the problem, cowl was properly grounded and the wires routed properly (no criss crossing, etc.). At idle it was crazy bad but would go away with throttle. I put the stock back on with no problems. Chuck Tator even lent his expertise. Good luck!

Last edited:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too have this problem, when I installed the GTS-R Mopar Blue plug wires. Cds, are fine as is DVDs and ipod. I just get interference on the radio. :(

Could be the radio is very close to the coil packs? In the old days you used to be able to get suppressors for the radios, no idea if they are still available?

OP
OP
O

ontariomystic

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Should have mentioned that i never removed the cowl, i was able to reach around the back with the cowl in place. I read that the mopar blue wires seem to cause this but didn't know if th AB wires did also.

moparracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had this happen recently too. I had 2 sets and I couldn't find the problem, cowl was properly grounded and the wires routed properly (to criss crossing, etc.). At idle it was crazy bad but would go away with throttle. I put the stock back on with no problems. Chuck Tator even lent his expertise. Good luck!

i too had the same issue with adam's wires....... stock back on, no more prob's.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang