still looking for my first viper. let me know if you have what I want!

Forged Horsemen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know your looking for a GTS for $40,000 or less. You've seen my car its under 10,000 miles. If you can go a little higher, email me. Car would run like a ***** ape with the CPE treatment.

Forged Horsemen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you liked that garolittle. Got more were that came form. I'd crack you guys up. Trust me I've seen me do it! That CPE will make that Viper pull on the big end like a call girl!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been REALLY watching the cars available for the last several weeks, and I can honestly say I think you'll have a VERY difficult time finding a Gen-2 car in the mid 30's, particularly a GTS. You won't find a GTS with a clean title for under about 44-45, and even that's lower than anything I've seen for a clean car. Your best bet is to focus on a 1st Gen RT/10....based on what I've seen in my shopping.

Good luck!

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been REALLY watching the cars available for the last several weeks, and I can honestly say I think you'll have a VERY difficult time finding a Gen-2 car in the mid 30's, particularly a GTS

Music to my ears!

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been REALLY watching the cars available for the last several weeks, and I can honestly say I think you'll have a VERY difficult time finding a Gen-2 car in the mid 30's, particularly a GTS. You won't find a GTS with a clean title for under about 44-45, and even that's lower than anything I've seen for a clean car. Your best bet is to focus on a 1st Gen RT/10....based on what I've seen in my shopping.

Good luck!
He is correct, i looked for over 4 months and found a 99 RT/10 for 42,000 and that was a damn good deal. It will be hard to get into a nice Gen II for under 40,000, especially a GTS. Good Luck

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
less than $40,000
96-99 GTS
or
97-99 rt-10
high miles are fine
Id like something around $35k or less ideally

Im in chicago but willing to travel.

[email protected] is my email

I honestly think your price is attainable on a stock car with over 40k miles in average shape...less miles than that or MINT and you really need to get super lucky...or be in the right place at the right time. Best of luck to you.

Compensating

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will sell you my 97 GTS..

clean title and full DC history..

29K miles, red with no/stripes.. black leather... 00' wheels with new pilot sports

corsa catback system.. 8000K HID kit.. smooth tube intake... 5 point harness kit... Unitrax 3.73 rearend with speedo correction box... probably about 10 coats of zaino!!

Only things wrong with it... Chrome starting to chip on the front left wheel.. Drivers seat leather bolster is wearing... nose has been painted due to driveways etc.. these are all normal wear items for vipers

Never been wrecked... always garaged and never tracked...

I have a lift and I even detail the bottom of the thing..

(stupid OCD)

42K and I will deliver it to your door on a trailer in Mid-June....

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In and out of the Viper THAT QUICK?! That's the Air Force for ya, never want to hang around :D

Now the Army on the other hand................................. ;) ;) ;)

Compensating

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everything is for sale... everything.. even my wife ($1.00)

If I sell the viper I will get another one...

Besides... my bud just got his dealers license and now I can buy wholesale at auctions... thinking of looking for a Gen3 Coupe...

And if I don't sell it... oh well... it just gives my wife something to complain about... and we all know they always NEED something to complain about...

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found my 98 GTS on autotrader.com for $39K 3 years ago. As far as carfax goes, the car had a clean title when I bought it and was in great shape (scrapes on the front fascia was the only flaw). I bought it from a dealer in Las Vegas, flew out to test drive it, and had it delivered to my door ($1200 for plane ticket and car transport). Here is a link to autotrader.com with the criteria you entered:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresults.jsp?advanced=&bkms=1147189891525&certified=&isp=y&search=y&lang=en&search_type=both&make=DODGE&model=VIPER&start_year=1997&end_year=1999&min_price=1&max_price=40000&distance=0&address=28560&x=0&y=0

Good luck!

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To find a Gen II for that price is going to be VERY hard (almost impossible), especially a GTS. You will need to find someone not selling on the internet and who doesnt know the "street" value of the cars and only goes by KBB.

the best bet might be at dealer auctions. just remember you get what you pay for. it's gonna be cheap for a reason and the condition will be less then perfect.

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First I will say I hate to see what your looking for go so cheap, but.... if you are a SERIOUS CASH BUYER and willing to move quickly you may find someone looking to unload fast needing money for whatever reasons. It happens everyday. Just not everyday with vipers ;) Good luck with your search!

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
96 Blue/White GTS, 7.5Kmiles, Warranty until 12/06, all OEM, high 50's

OP
OP

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are out there guys. I found a clean 98 GTS for 36k with 50k miles on it but the guy was unwilling to do a compression/leakdown on the car. I may even consider a salvage titled car... still just looking for the perfect car

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950