stock '06 w/ very poor performance ... HELP

iron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has always ran great. Had to replace battery (found on here about problem with BCM's). Never addressed 'cause inconsistent solutions offered by Dodge dealers under warranty. To today, brand new battery will go dead if car not driven every few days to week.

Yesterday, car was fine. Got some gas and on 20 mile trip home all seemed fine until moderate acceleration on highway. Above 3000 rpm's, car dogged BAD (worse under load than idle, but bad all times). Some knocking like too low of octane in older cars. Put in injector cleaner, as well as water evap solution, per Dodge dealer, to no avail.

Car was NOT run hard so no chance of major engine damage unless mechanical failure that was gonna happen anyway. NO CHECK ENGINE light, nor any metal in the oil.

Someone else said even brand new battery could be going AGAIN (because of BCM) ... and may be causing problem ... and to disconnect battery to reset computer and perhaps fix?

Thanks, Ron.

OP
OP
I

iron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK ... Who is the wizard? My family WAS a dealer for 40 years. We WERE competent, fair & honest. BUT, those we times past. Now what? I just want my car to run right again. HELP.

Last edited:

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am really curios about a few things. Was the car purchased new? Have you drained and replaced all the fuel in the tank and system? How many miles on the car? Where are you located?

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wizard is Chuck Tator in NY. Google Tators Dodge in NY and you will get his number. Give him a call.

OP
OP
I

iron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car had a few hundred miles on it when purchased ... please tell me why you are asking that (I do not understand relevance - honestly).

Have not drained tank and figure will let dealer if needed.

Car has over 10,000 miles on it and I know about Chuck, and was gonna call him Monday.

I am in SE FL.

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always wonder if prior abuse or neglect is an issue(lack of maintenance and/or oil and driven hard)Doesn't sound like it's an issue here. The fuel would be a start but a good shop/tech will be the answer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets