Stock exhaust, worth anything?

SFYellow

Suspended
Reaction score
I recently installed Corsa 3" track and love it!!! What do people do with their stock exhausts? Can you sell it? Is it worth anything?

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In 30 years from now we will all wish we
A) Still owned our Vipers and
B) Wish we kept those original parts

Even a lowly vintage Corvette owner will tell you that...LOL

JTOJR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine are in my shop along with all the other parts that I have replaced. Thought they may be of more value to a future owner if he wanted to change back for some odd reason.

Tom Shapiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put the Corsa track exhasut on my 03 and kept my stock parts. When I traded it in for my ACR I put the stock parts back on and sold the Corsa system for $900.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Keep your stock exhaust.

The stock mufflers are actually quite well designed and work extremely well if you should every decide to upgrade to headers and wish to keep your side exhaust (without crossovers).

I've spend a bunch of time, trial and error etc. trying to combine headers with a side exist exhaust. Just recently, working with Lou Belanger, we came up with a combination of his headers (on my 06 coupe) with his custom fabbed header pipes and high flow cats, my OE mufflers and his custom fabbed muffler extensions.

Sound is very good at idle, low rpms (like driving by a cope) and cruising yet screams at wide open throttle. Makes much more power than with the cross overs too.

Corsa's work fine with stock cats and the stock mini exhaust tubular headers. If you go to real headers (Belangers, etc.) with the Corsa's, you will lose a percentage of your hearing in relatively short order..... and your wife may not ride in your car!

Dan

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've spend a bunch of time, trial and error etc. trying to combine headers with a side exist exhaust. Just recently, working with Lou Belanger, we came up with a combination of his headers (on my 06 coupe) with his custom fabbed header pipes and high flow cats, my OE mufflers and his custom fabbed muffler extensions.

Sound is very good at idle, low rpms (like driving by a cope) and cruising yet screams at wide open throttle. Makes much more power than with the cross overs too.

Dan

Would love to hear those!
Any chance Belanger will market these parts to go with stock mufflers? I want headers but not to wake the neighbours early AM.
Claude

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't cost anything to keep all your stock parts, so why not? Believe it or not, I even pulled and kept the stock factory oil filter (with the handwritten tech notes on it) right after delivery. Same thing with the stock air filters, exhaust, air tubes, seat rails, tires, etc. One of these days, someone will flip out that all of those original parts are wrapped up, cataloged, and safely stored. You'd be surprised at how fast time flies - my car still looks, smells, and drives like new but it is 12 years old. By the time someone is able to separate me from my car, it will be a valuable classic...
For now, I just love it.