Stock fuel pump

SpinMonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the max rwhp the stock fuel pump can support (500rwhp?) and what are the available replacements?

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The stock pump is good to around 680 rwhp with a boost a pump. Over that people use lots of different setups, such as a Walbro 255, or if they're looking for more serious power an Aeromotive or Weldon (or at times a pair of new pumps).

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told that the Gen 1 pumps flow a bit more than gen 2.
They should be capable supporting 250 NX shot. (630HP?)

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use the aeromotive system which is the same as other tuners use. $800-1000 in parts. 31-36k in total and counting.

OP
OP
S

SpinMonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The walbro 255 fits this car? Is there a special mounting canister in the tank?

Utaviper: you have an awesome car there

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't bother with a walbro, they are basically useless. I installed one and it didn't do anything but cost $100 plus a bunch of labor to put it in. However, that was on a forced induction car, maybe on a na it might do something. Also, the walbro can be installed in the factory spot with a few modifications.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On forced induction you need both volume and the ability to also overcome the increased pressure, therefore, the needs are far different than a NA or nitrous application.

The main problem with the 255 is the different length (shorter) and the need to stabilize or lock it in place. If you search on the web there is a site that sells just fuel pumps and they offer a synthetic donut you place in the bottom of the bottle to stabilize the pump.

HouseofSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree with the Walbro not being enough pump.....have seen it support well over 700 to the tire on a turbo application, and over 800 on a 150 shot head and cam car.

Not to say that it is the last word or that there aren't other options...but it is very effective for a stock replacement piece.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to Mike Adams he's using the stock fuel system and is running over 700 RWHP at 11.0 A/F ratio. It seems that the stock system can support a pretty high HP level.

DChan415

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to Mike Adams he's using the stock fuel system and is running over 700 RWHP at 11.0 A/F ratio. It seems that the stock system can support a pretty high HP level.

Hmm... fuel must be more dense in Canada.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hmm... fuel must be more dense in Canada.

It must be that Canadian formulation EH...

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It all depends on what you are doing. I personally use a walboro pump in the tank and stock lines to the paxton fuel booster pumps set up they go up to the stock intake with larger reworked stock injectors. A VEC 2 controls the pulse width. At with a 2 3/4 " pulley ( WHICH IS THE SAME ONE BLOWN GTS) has on his car I can go below 11:1 fuel ratio at full boost and on a long pull. I am currently tuning it each time out.

I have no return lines. I did not increase the size of any of the lines. I run random teck metal substrate cats and can pass an emission test with out problems. I don't do any testing with race fuel only use Sunoco gold.

As foir the stock fuel pump on a paxton I would think it could handle least 700 plus rwhp

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96